UZI Talk Forums

View Poll Results: Would Replacing The Factory M10 Sear With A Tenko Specific Sear Be A Deal Breaker?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 18.92%
  • No

45 60.81%
  • Depending Upon How Difficult It Is To Change The Sear

17 22.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tenko 10-16 Function Questionnaire

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by cjsoccer3 View Post
    I plan for a dedicated lower to pair with it, so a sear swap doesn’t seem like a big matter. When I fully stripped my MAC one time, the only hard thing was the safety selector and that wouldn’t need to come off for a sear swap. I think it’s the same as replacing a selector delete / FA only selector.
    You are absolutely correct. If you go to post #58 of http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...0-issues/page3 the image with the multi colored fire control parts. The right side of part "A" (the fire control retaining spring) must be lifted out of the locking notch of the top right hand of selector shaft "I" (the selector) . The selector shaft "I is pulled out of the frame "up" (in the reference photo) using the selector shaft lever pulling the shaft out of the sear, part "H" (the sear) and part E (the semi auto trip) . The selector "I" will be replaced with an "Eliminator" shaft which will eliminate the semi auto function of the the M10 fire control. The Eliminator shaft will be included in the basic Tenko adapter kit. This is required as the Tenko adapter needs that section of the shaft to locate the Tenko fire control. We also need the removal of the semi auto trip so the Tenko adapter is only to be used with RR machineguns. The Tenko can not be used to convert an open bolt semi to full auto function. We will also be including a new part "A" (retaining spring). As part of preparing the M10 receiver for dual Tenko/open bolt function. The original part "A" will be cut just beyond the the locking notch in the Eliminator shaft. Again this modification will be for access to the semi auto trip (part "I") area of the Eliminator shaft for the Tenko fire control.

For those that will have a dedicated M10 RR for the Tenko, I think that will be great. But for those that have only one M10, once the M10 lower is set up for dual use, we wanted the Tenko adapter to be able to switch from open bolt function to Tenko adapter function and back as simply as possible and without tools. This feature has increased the cost of design of the Tenko adapter, but I felt that the ability to go from open bolt function to Tenko adapter function without tools would be very important to those that can only afford one RR machinegun.

Personally I am very excited that the final pieces of the puzzle are coming together, so we can start testing. We must be sure that the modifications to the original aluminum design has not added any "Gremlins" to the functionality. We must also test open bolt function because of the modifications to the original M10 sear. We also need to try to make the Tenko adapter fire without the M10 lower as I am sure the Technology Branch will try that. It sucks that we had to make the aluminum design more complicated and fragile. This is the only type of product that I can think of that requiring the product to be more complicated and fragile. Such is the upper for machineguns business.

Scott
    Manager A&S Conversions L.L.C.

WOW! Thank you Scott for all that you are doing for all of us as MAC owners!
    Can't express enough negative things about all the communist vermin and total criminal garbage running our country now.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galil#1 View Post
    WOW! Thank you Scott for all that you are doing for all of us as MAC owners!
    Can't express enough negative things about all the communist vermin and total criminal garbage running our country now.
    While I very much appreciate the kind sentiment, I have not actually done anything for the community, yet. I want so desperately to start testing the new design. I think it is so much harder to get one or two examples made than it is to do actual production. At least in southern New Hampshire all the machine shops I have contacted are behind by several months. The owner of the local CNC shop that did my Beta test units told me he has so much work, they are adding 100% to their quotes and still are getting the jobs. The owner said he has no idea how to he will actually do all the work he has approved in any timely manner. And he still has quotes to look at from 6 to 8 weeks ago. So to modify the fixtures that hold the biggest part and then modify the final programming, all for the modification of two or three units that need to be modified and finished, then anodized is so frustrating even though I understand why.

We do have one unit modified. The last peice of that puzzle is the modified sear. Hopefully we will get the wire EDM modified sears this week or next. Fingers crossed, that it will be sooner rather than later, but I am not holding my breath. We will post video of the new design once we start testing. Of course there is still the submission process. God only knows how that will go.

Scott

This is all tremendous work, cost, and dedication in all aspects by you. We/the rest of us, get to see thanks to you, how this difficult and challenging the steel "sausage making" process truly is. I find it very insightful and sure many other folks as well.

Now to folks like our friend Mr. Lage, this might be old hat type stuff; however, the government and its relentless subterfuge of pure BS gets in his way as well etc etc. We can only appreciate, thank, and support the final product(s) $$$ by genuine innovators/genius go getter guys like you. = It's the true American way... what these petty bureaucrats/drone communists never understand and seek to destroy each and every day. Rant off.

Every time I order something firearm related, I try to also mention or leave a short thank you note to them for supporting the 2A....that it's more than just about the commerce transaction. I am thankful for our American innovators in this space, navigating the challenges they must face when trying to run a business with so many folks ignorant of the Constitution.

Viper, So Very True!

UZI Talk Life Member

Thank you the support means a lot. I know of no other business that has so much Government oversight than the Firearms Industry. I have to say that the resubmition Tenko is so much harder to design than the original Tenko. Where is the line? Are they pissed at me and no matter what we submit they will deny it? There were some tolerance issues with the the 3D trigger lock so there is another redesign of the fire control layout. I swear my engineer is having more difficulty with the lack of what we have to do to please the ATF than I do.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by A&S Conversions View Post
    I know of no other business that has so much Government oversight than the Firearms Industry.
    Aviation is 100 times worse.

Yep when your 30K ft. in the air, you better.

Quote Originally Posted by Galil#1 View Post
    Yep when your 30K ft. in the air, you better.
    When I'm only 3,000' I'd rather get to make my own decisive without the FAA butting in so much.

Just be glad guns are constitutionally regulated. If gun laws were anything like aviation laws, we'd be way worse off.

Yep apples and cannonballs but bottom line is government on all levels has way to much control and power over our daily lives without question.
    Read somewhere, that only like 3 nations allow firearms in their constitutions... think of it... what other nation "allows" its citizens to own MGs/SMGs? Europe, South America, etc. Big fat NO! Thinking of possible other places where you might want to live that is... everywhere else they are so anti-gun and MGs/SMGs ... forgetaboutit!
    Last edited by Galil#1; 09-19-2021 at 10:05 AM.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    Aviation is 100 times worse.
    The difference being that as long as FAA procedures are followed there is no problem. Whereas our plastic version was submitted and determined to be a firearm accessory by the ATF. We resubmit the exact same mechanism only it was made from aluminum instead of 3D printed plastic and suddenly the exact same mechanism is a machinegun. So I agree that the FAA has more procedures but those procedures are spelled out. The ATF constantly changes what the practical meaning of the regulations are. I am sorry that I was not clearer.

Scott

Hopefully Rare Breed will be able to do a little ego check on the ATF. The AFT is trying to block RBT from presenting any evidence because they say they are the experts and RBTs expert witnesses (folks from the ATF and that wrote the book on determinations ) are not.

I'd love to see the AFT get put in their place and you, Scott,not have to deal with more time and.money to get your adapter on the market.

Another Terrible Fiction is just yet another out of control rogue government agency that has a chronic documented history of lies, lies, and lies. Hope all you want, that will never change because it will never be abolished.

Quote Originally Posted by A&S Conversions View Post
    The difference being that as long as FAA procedures are followed there is no problem.
    Lol I wish this were true. The FAA medical exam system is fucked up beyond belief.

The ATF is being malicious at this point and enforcing law that doesn't exist. I truly feel bad for you with the current situation. Regardless, you are not legally required to get an ATF determination. You dont need one, you want one. They arent legally required to give you one.

Rare Breed Triggers just got told by the ATF that their trigger pack is a machinegun. ATF demanded that they cease manuafacturing and recall all the triggers they sold. RBT told the ATF that they would not be complying, as they are not doing anything illegal.

Only a judge can decide what is a machinegun.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    Lol I wish this were true. The FAA medical exam system is fucked up beyond belief.

The ATF is being malicious at this point and enforcing law that doesn't exist. I truly feel bad for you with the current situation. Regardless, you are not legally required to get an ATF determination. You dont need one, you want one. They arent legally required to give you one.

Rare Breed Triggers just got told by the ATF that their trigger pack is a machinegun. ATF demanded that they cease manuafacturing and recall all the triggers they sold. RBT told the ATF that they would not be complying, as they are not doing anything illegal.

Only a judge can decide what is a machinegun.
    The problem is, I am not a lawyer nor do I have deep pockets. I have already spent half of my net worth and I am 62. I understand that I didn't have to have a determination. Maybe I should have just gone to market and used other's peoples money. I would not like to be treated that way, so I chose to get a second determination. I have spoken with a NFA specific lawyer. He quoted me $100,000.00 and two years, including appeals. The court uses the ATF as a resource to determine what is and is not firearms related. The lawyer said that he didn't think that we could win. I just can't afford $100,000.00 on top of what I have already spent. So I am stuck doing what I am doing.

Scott

That's insane, scumbag lawyers = liers every single one of them and their miserable perverted so called "profession" of dirty blood sucking whores.
    Godspeed Scott, can't keep good people down forever! Their day of reckoning shall come one day for sure = God don't like Ugly.

UZI Talk Life Member

The lawyer could have taken my money with a big "We'll win and show them ". Instead he said that he would take my money and try his best, if that is what I wanted to do. But in his opinion, he didn't think that the odds were in my favor and I would be wasting my money. I think he is a good guy. I appreciated his honesty.

Scott

Well your right...
    Still insane $100K and still no justice smh

Will you be at Knob Creek, Scott?

+ Reply to Thread