UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast

Thread: SUOMI Drum 22 L.R 3D Print Conversion

there no snow here but a lot of mosquitos!
    Name:  erdg.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  106.5 KB

i do a slot onto the axis but the spring be floating a bit.

Name:  dsd.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  120.9 KB
    i have to made:
    .print the front cover
    .build 22 fakes 22l.r ammos
    .modify the winder screw to build a spring with the same diameter than the follower axis to get good spring anchorage.
    .add one lap to the spring

Quote Originally Posted by Bianchi View Post

i do a slot onto the axis but the spring be floating a bit.

to keep that spring in place so it doesn't move around on the axis, take the end of the spring that goes through the slot, and wrap it all the way as far as it can go around the the axis once, then it won't move on you

yes i could wrap it! but i prefered rebuild the follower axis now is free! be weld before !
    i could set the starting tension if he float.

Name:  698.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  31.1 KB

only the inferior bolt will be weld the other be tight and glued.
    i already lost one he melted!
    Last edited by Bianchi; 08-15-2021 at 03:27 PM.

hi

This is the new Follower Axis

Name:  UIY.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  72.4 KB

is mounted onto a bearing that contain a reduced and inserted welded bolt that is a bit larger than the Axis to let this one free
    the spring is seated on the bearing center..

Name:  juyrtg.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  72.6 KB

there some tape on the bearing to block him in the casing.
    Last edited by Bianchi; 08-23-2021 at 08:37 AM.

thank's Billy!i take time it's the last build that i do where i live... he will be finished elsewhere! i cannot quantify all things and experiments that i made here in twenty years but they are numerous and various alway's linked with mechanic.without space i cannot build or rebuild big thing now
    my printer could become my first tool.

Name:  gg.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  77.1 KB

the front cover get print!
    i get a more functionnal drum the bearing made a good difference!
    the follower require one lap and half !i have to build a new Spring that can made more than 3 laps! with this i could set the spring soft to harder by tighting the follower onto the prestressed axis.

Please if you doesn't understand anything on what i speak about ! stop me! because that let me think that i make much effort on my mod and less in english.
    Last edited by Bianchi; 08-26-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Name:  BTGF.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  31.8 KB

Name:  DYHFJ.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  161.0 KB

Dummy ammo

now, that is a excellent build .........and your English is OK, I can make out what you are talking about without any trouble, unlike some Americans on these gunboards that I can't make out what they are talking about

Thank you Billy! I think you could be a perfect neighbour for me!

we will see if it's a good work for the moment it's a double great exercise for me a kind of game I build something and explain shortly what i do in a different linguage! my shooting range is closed in two weeks it will be open and i could test this drum. they will be intrigated by the drum when they put their eyes on it. i love creating accessory's for this UZI replica because there nothing disponible to buy for him!

thank you for the kind feelings you have for me, I also would be like to be your neighbor as well

I too like to make things that can never be found for sale on the market, I built this drum for my PPS43 a while ago, using a 70 round PPSh-41 drum and a PPS43 stick mag.....when you are retired you got to do something to keep the old brain cells from dying of boredom .

only thing I couldn't do was the the welding, luckily a friend I knew who had a welding set up in garage did it for me.

I made 2- 7.62x25 drums, I plan on selling this one.....although my PPS43 is a semi-auto only, and rapid fire isn't allow on the range, I'm very confident it would keep up with rapid firing it or even in a full auto PPS 43.

I bow to you, you made a drum from scratch......... just from a idea you had
    Last edited by Uncle Billy; 08-26-2021 at 01:25 PM.

thank you uncle billy all you're modifications are awesome! we cannot made this freely on my side! i looked this vid at 3.00:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRn9uqkKkOc

to know how the pps43 works it seem's that he eat ammo's easely!! il est rustique et éfficace! you're drum be a natural add'on!
    all this brain cell's are really excited!! they are perfect I'm sure that they want to draw and print thing in 3D this winter when the snow came. this is really relaxing and exciting when you extract something from the brain with an app to finally appears with the printer.

welding be alway's required! i must wait to see if i could do something to preserve that small privilége.

i can bow myself too because i did nothing extraordinary i reduced the works of a guy's to coincide to my own! some skill's.. love to learn!

there a lot of scrap in this construction because i made it with what i find.
    I put this modified quick attach to load the drum more easely.
    Name:  bfjj.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  48.0 KB
    Name:  bvfds.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  31.5 KB
    Last edited by Bianchi; 08-30-2021 at 11:58 AM.

I having to make a new spring because after finding a way to load the dummy ammo in the feeding tower correctly with the drum closed (she have to be in upside down position!) after that i can put 35/40 rds i prestressed the spring on one lap but it's not sufficent to pushing all this load...if i cannot do one better by adding laps on the new spring... I will find a new thickness for this fucking spring.

the ring for loading is sufficient but it needs to be reworked

Question:

Do you think that i can double the spring to gain time! may be this could work be the more simple and fastest method to get one spring more hard...

--------------------------------------------------------Ok--------------------------
    Name:  htsd.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  66.9 KB

i did it have to re shape his head!
    Last edited by Bianchi; 08-30-2021 at 01:31 PM.

I'm not sure how you are pre-tensioning your spring......... but the way the Russian PPSH drum and SUOMI drums get pre-tensioned is that you take the follower off the spring housing , then you rotate the spring how many full revolutions you think will needed for it to feed, then install the follower.......the way the follow is made it stops when all the round are fed and fired.

if you go to 4:40 it shows how you re-tension the spring on a SUOMI drum, which is aslo how you pre-tension the spring on a PPSH drum

in your case, what might work to pre-tension your spring more, is take off the follower, just the leg that comes off the main flat piece, do 2 complete revolutions, then holding the spring in place put the follower back on in its channel. that should give you more tension where the rounds all feed up the tower, without the need to double up the spring

I hope I explain that where you understand what I'm saying
    Last edited by Uncle Billy; 08-30-2021 at 02:12 PM.

ok!!! i do it more simply on my shit! i get my pre tension by turning the axis by adding one lap and i tight the follower on the axis in the end stop position.

my first spring could only do 2 laps...be too short.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the magasin work better with this doubled spring! i could not get the same result by only adding more laps without doubling. thickness 0.25 be too thin to get a strong pushing...
    now i will modify the ring that help me to load.
    Last edited by Bianchi; 08-31-2021 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bianchi View Post

the magasin work better with this doubled spring! i could not get the same result by only adding more laps without doubling. thickness 0.20 be too thin to get a strong pushing...
    now i will modify the ring that help me to load.
    sounds great, glad you could figure it out

the most big problem for me Uncle billy be the flat spring in this construction! I never made one before i do not know how they work depending their thickness.

i had a small idea but they doesn't react like piano corde! they are more stronger because they are rolled and to build the winder tool i looked many times the video where we see the machine that shape springs to understand how she do.

this one (doubled) be a 0.50 now! i wanted to buy a 0.45 before choosing the 0.25. I lost a lot of time onto that!

a lot of time is spent on trial and error and hand fitting until you get it right. I can't begin to add up the hours I spent making the spacer for a double stack mag to make it a single stack feed tower for my drum, then testing it to see if it works.......then going back to the "drawing board" when it didn't work and re-design it, until I found the right thickness I needed for it to work. once I figured it out, I could use that method to make other drums

Thomas Edison once said,--- Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

you're right i prefer this kind of amusement, before that could works we have to solve problems and I already ask myself what kind of pb will appear when starting to testing the drum...

Name:  kjg.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  121.4 KB
    I must go buy cyanolite glue to lock the follower bolt.

Bianchi, that looks great! you're the man

there is nothing more satisfying in this world then making something with your own hands and seeing it work.

it makes all the roadblocks you encounter worth it

+ Reply to Thread