UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 4 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 105

Thread: Have Colt M16A2s broke the $40,000 mark?

  1. #61
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Hey...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    3,011
    Makes me wonder how the DIAS and HK market will react to this (isolated) neo-bullshit.

  2. #62
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    38

  3. #63
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Hey...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    3,011
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliteSociety View Post




    ^ You overpaid by $8-10k.

    One batch of m16a2 overpriced sales and the delta gang follows suit. You contributed and overpaid, by far.
    Last edited by Hey...; 07-10-2021 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Added pic

  4. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey... View Post


    ^ You overpaid by $8-10k.

    One batch of m16a2 overpriced sales and the delta gang follows suit. You contributed and overpaid, by far.
    Do you have one for sale for 8-10k less? If that's an offer to sell I'll take it. When I end up selling it, pretty sure that difference won't matter very much. I don't understand the complaining that the value of things we invest in are increasing...

  5. #65
    UZI Talk Supporter
    Gaujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,397
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliteSociety View Post

    There has been some of what appears to be schill bidding on gunbroker. I recently documented some likely cases on another thread. People are trying to see if it's real or more market manipulation. I saw a RR by a reputable dealer for at least 6k less than that within the last few weeks. You may want to investigate the bidding history and look at the other activity of the other bidders.
    Last edited by Gaujo; 07-11-2021 at 11:35 AM.

  6. #66
    Registered User Deerhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliteSociety View Post
    Do you have one for sale for 8-10k less? If that's an offer to sell I'll take it. When I end up selling it, pretty sure that difference won't matter very much. I don't understand the complaining that the value of things we invest in are increasing...
    Last May a PAWS with 2 uppers sold for ~$15k local to me. I missed it by 3 hours.

    The investment isn't guaranteed. Only one for government overreach between an investment and you and I being felons and having our doors kicked in.

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhurst View Post
    Last May a PAWS with 2 uppers sold for ~$15k local to me. I missed it by 3 hours.

    The investment isn't guaranteed. Only one for government overreach between an investment and you and I being felons and having our doors kicked in.
    Agreed. On investments (which this is) need to be thought of on a macro scale. With diminishing value of the dollar, I prefer things which will grow in value like MGs, land, water, crypto.

  8. #68
    UZI Talk Supporter
    3154tm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    500
    i don't know much about gunbroker but there couldn't have been to much shill bidding on this item, the starting and ending bid were the same.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/903892464

  9. #69
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    237
    Until Ruben starts listing them lower than my estimates, then that’s what they’re going for.

    Last year is last year.

    As Matt Said M16 prices have been flat for 5 years

    There are way too many of these selling to be any conspiracy. And we have here a dude who actually bought one so I a conspiracy is just a theory tilll proof is proffered.

  10. #70
    UZI Talk Supporter
    3154tm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    500
    i suspect that 5-10 years from now anyone that bought one for this price will look like a genius. i paid to much for my M11/nine when i bought it and now it's worth about 3 times what i paid for it. same with my m16 rr though it hasn't quite doubled in value. and really, there are few other investments you can have so much fun with.
    although, i am having a lot of fun with this one:
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by 3154tm; 07-12-2021 at 02:06 PM.

  11. #71
    UZI Talk Supporter
    3154tm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    500
    better shot:
    Attached Images  

  12. #72
    UZI Talk Life Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Louisana
    Posts
    1,749
    To quote another shooter " You can never pay too much for a machinegun, you can only pay it too soon".

  13. #73
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    38

  14. #74
    UZI Talk Life Member
    mattnh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliteSociety View Post
    I'd be surprised if it sells on STURM for over 40.

  15. #75
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Hey...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    3,011
    Quote Originally Posted by 3154tm View Post
    i suspect that 5-10 years from now anyone that bought one for this price will look like a genius. i paid to much for my M11/nine when i bought it and now it's worth about 3 times what i paid for it. same with my m16 rr though it hasn't quite doubled in value. and really, there are few other investments you can have so much fun with.
    although, i am having a lot of fun with this one:
    Did you buy your Corvette for $70k over market while you contributed to a short-term bubble?

    Feeding the current bubble hurts other buyers in the near term. Sure inflation will make any number look small over a long period of time, but this is a 60-110% hike that showed up all of a sudden in ONE MONTH. If this keeps being fed it will be considered “normal” when it’s not. The fire should be starved for kindling before it gets going.
    Last edited by Hey...; 07-12-2021 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Pop!

  16. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey... View Post
    Did you buy your Corvette for $70k over market while you contributed to a short-term bubble?

    Feeding the current bubble hurts other buyers in the near term. Sure inflation will make any number look small over a long period of time, but this is a 60-110% hike that showed up all of a sudden in ONE MONTH. If this keeps being fed it will be considered “normal” when it’s not. The fire should be starved for kindling before it gets going.
    Just playing devils advocate, but are these "other buyers" you?
    I know I paid more than what I would have 3, 6, 12 months ago. But in a capitalist society won't the market "provide". If I feel the value is there I'm going to buy it. I really want a MP5 transferable. Am I mad they are 45k+? No. That's what the market feels like the value should be. Be happy that you can at least participate in some form.
    Last edited by PoliteSociety; 07-12-2021 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Spelling

  17. #77
    UZI Talk Life Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Near Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,758
    I can't think of any collectible / investment item where the influences that raise prices are somehow deemed 'bad'.

    If we were talking groceries, gasoline or medicine and this activity 'hurt other buyers', then maybe that's a moral question to debate internally. But that's not what deciding to buy a machine gun is all about.

    And no, this isn't the artificial housing bubble of 2008; it's just adults with cash money stepping up to buy what they want. So what. Personally I hope they all go to $1M.
    My name is actually Scott and I really do live in Texas.

    I know, not very creative but it is factual.

    By the way - Facebook is truly evil; resist the urge to participate.

  18. #78
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Hey...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    3,011
    ^its worse than the 2008 bubble.

    It’s a one-month bubble trying to make 60-110% hikes normal. F-that!

    I love the free market, but this is a couple people jacking it all up, and we happen to have a sheep here that bought into it not giving one damn he jumped on the slaughter house truck.

  19. #79
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Hey...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    3,011
    Last thing I’ll say. One month ago you could’ve almost bought an M16A2 for what you just paid for an off brand. Let that sink in... this thing is artificial, and shouldn’t be allowed to take root.

    This whole thing needs to pop, sooner the better. It doesn’t help the shooting community.

  20. #80
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliteSociety View Post
    One of the Colt/Keosayian remakes marked "Colt's MFG CO INC" no less. Post 1989 receiver.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter.