UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FTF Open Bolt Reweld

Quote Originally Posted by noimpact View Post
    I was using subs, and they did have a longer OAL, but I tried 115 supers as well. Both suppressed and unsuppressed in both barrels, my issue is repetitive. Further, the test yielded results consistent with a satisfactory chambering.

I should have from the start used dummy rounds, but I have tried brand new 9mm A-Z snap caps, and it has shed a little bit of light on the issue. Some will cycle with a very satisfactory sound, some will produce a more sluggish cycle which I firmly believe would be the cause of the FTF. 1/5 will not chamber. I think working the ejector and feed ramp some more might be the answer, but I am afraid to go too far on the ejector. Additionally, here are some more visible markings on the snap caps that might provide someone with more insight than what I can deduce from it.

Holy Moley. My .45 bolt is doing something very, very similar. Fail to fire, light primer strikes, deforming the cartridge rim, etc...

It's currently at John Andrewski's being looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRenegade86 View Post
    Holy Moley. My .45 bolt is doing something very, very similar. Fail to fire, light primer strikes, deforming the cartridge rim, etc...

It's currently at John Andrewski's being looked at.
    I値l be curious to see what the final outcome is! Please let me know!

I’ll be curious to see what the final outcome is! Please let me know!
    It's been going on nearly two years. I'm hoping to hear some good news any day now.

I値l be curious to see what the final outcome is! Please let me know!
    If your getting a bunch of damaged cases you just may have a sharp chamber mouth even if it doesn't seem so , maybe try polishing the ID and OD of the chamber chamfer. If you screw it up you have a backup

Quote Originally Posted by 124NATO View Post
    If your getting a bunch of damaged cases you just may have a sharp chamber mouth even if it doesn't seem so , maybe try polishing the ID and OD of the chamber chamfer. If you screw it up you have a backup
    Polished, didn稚 really do much but it痴 another variable.. I知 tempted to just start over on this. Polishing the feed ramp and undercutting the ejector seemed to have helped a lot, but I値l get a fail to feed once every few rounds, or a light primer strike. The primer strikes range from very light and barely noticeable to very dented. Also something to note, sometimes with a chambered round, knowing the round is properly seated and nothing obstructing the bolt I値l still get a fail to fire and it takes multiple attempts at firing. I知 now starting to wonder if this could be a bolt issue

UZI Talk Supporter
    Run a Cotton Swab over the Bolt Face, inside the Chamber, and Feed Ramp. Then inspect these parts with a Magnifying Glass. If there's a burr, etc, you will see strands of Cotton stuck in/on them.

+ Reply to Thread