UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 4 6 LastLast

Thread: M11/22

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
    Can photos of the bolt assembly be uploaded?
    I'd rather not show any details just yet just in case someone else does want to market these. I will say that I did not re invent the wheel. The bolt looks a lot like a factory 9mm bolt just smaller and no semi trip leg.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I really hope Lage or someone makes these.

Your design has a lot of improvements; furthermore, with the standardized upper (milled and not stamped) with a barrel, it should help eliminate a lot of the problems with previous kits.

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

UZI Talk Supporter

It's been a while so I thought I'd put an update here. I had some surgery on my right hand which has slowed me down some for the last few months but I used the time to work on some 3d models and 3d printing stuff. I've got 3d models for the short frame m11 in both the large and small mag versions. They have been 3d printed and fitted to a receiver. I also have created my own 20 and 30 round magazines for both guns that have replaceable feed lips. The larger grip mag follower has 2 finger tabs to make loading by hand pretty easy but there is also a lightning loader adapter for the mags. Here are some (not all) of the brands of ammo I have run through the m11/22 prototype to date. The large grip mags have been run in my prototype and a Lage 22lr conversion kit and seem to run well in both. If there is anyone with a small grip m11 and a cut down Lage conversion kit for it and would like a mag to try out please let me know.
    Attached Images    

UZI Talk Life Member
    In like Flynn. This would keep me from needing HK270 mags. I see a ATI 110 round drum tower adapter in the future.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I would love to try some small grip size 30 rd mags if they will work on a cut down Lage 22 kit.. Where do I send the money?
    Last edited by strobro32; 11-17-2021 at 02:24 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
    I would love to try some small grip size 30 rd mags if they will work on a cut down Lage 22 kit.. Where do I send the money?
    That is the question will they work with a cut down Lage kit. Right now these are 3d printed prototypes so no money required. P.M. me your mailing info and I will send you out a mag to try.

I'll happily pay for one + shipping to try out. I was able to get my m11/22 working with modifications to the mags and the spring so curious to how your mag will run.

Would be super interested in an M10 version, since you clearly have nothing better to do, lol. Kit form would be fine, I expect.

iím definitely in for one if this works with the m11/9.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman45 View Post
    Would be super interested in an M10 version, since you clearly have nothing better to do, lol. Kit form would be fine, I expect.
    2nd. That! M10 Be Fantastic for sure if feasible etc. Either way appreciate you sharing Enjoy your very fine creation Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by KickStand View Post
    I really hope Lage or someone makes these.

Your design has a lot of improvements; furthermore, with the standardized upper (milled and not stamped) with a barrel, it should help eliminate a lot of the problems with previous kits.

Thank you for taking the time to do this.
    Lage is likely out on this one. They have made them in the past, and it took years to get a waiting list big enough to do a run. Kind of like Shockwave and the suomi mags. years went by and no one wanted them at $45 and as soon as they dried up, people are willing to drop $140 each. I have a Fleming kit I am happy with, but would be willing to make a solidworks model of these parts and make drawings if someone wanted to outsource making small batches of these kits.
    Lee

Yep, can't argue against truth, logic, and human nature... how do you make people want something? - Tell them they can't have it... O well, is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Galil#1 View Post
    Yep, can't argue against truth, logic, and human nature... how do you make people want something? - Tell them they can't have it... O well, is what it is.
    They are out there. I picked up one locally for $500. I could probably have gotten it for less. Not sure if it will run right, but I am prototyping machinist that works for an optomechanical engineering/fabrication company. I am sure it can be sorted out.
    Lee
    Name:  Fleming Kit 1.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  45.8 KB

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverJockey View Post
    They are out there. I picked up one locally for $500. I could probably have gotten it for less. Not sure if it will run right, but I am prototyping machinist that works for an optomechanical engineering/fabrication company. I am sure it can be sorted out.
    Lee
    Attachment 36945
    Different strokes for different folks. I laugh every time I see one of these. If you want to spend your time resurrecting the past that fine I'd rather spend my time working on the future.

Quote Originally Posted by mak91 View Post
    Different strokes for different folks. I laugh every time I see one of these. If you want to spend your time resurrecting the past that fine I'd rather spend my time working on the future.
    That makes sense. Not all of us have access to state of the art MGs of the future. We are stuck with pre 86 transferables from the past.
    Lee

UZI Talk Life Member

Just saw this. I would be interested in a kit for an M11

UZI Talk Life Member
    We tested mak91's prototype 22 mag with a cut down Lage kit but it was not a good fit for the small grip A1. The small mag grip does not line up with Richards ejector plate. It's off by .1". I had to cut .1" of the top feed lips and the front of the low side lips so the mag would sit against the Lage ejector plate. That allowed a single cartridge to fire but the following cartridges would get stuck under the feed ramp of the Lage kit.

I would like to try the prototype mag with a chopped mak91 upper and a small grip A1 when and if a kit becomes available.
    Last edited by strobro32; 11-28-2021 at 05:40 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member

The mag sits too far forward in the small grip keeping the cartridges from fully angling upwards.

Last edited by strobro32; 11-28-2021 at 03:37 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter

I took the 3 little pigs on a road trip to see Sam and his crew (aka Practical Solutions). We spent a few hours talking. When it was all said and done we concluded that we should work together to try to bring these to market. Sam has to work through his current backlog of work but these uppers are on the radar.
    Attached Images  

Is a version for the M11A1 with small mag well on the radar? If so, I will be buying when available.

+ Reply to Thread