UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does this M11 A1 RPB Cobray 380 look legit?

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Member13 View Post
    It could have all the screws in it so nothing would be loose. So if it has a blocking bar and all other required features I would love to see what happens. Plus the open bolt ban is not on paper...at least according to the Fudd Busters lawyer (see video 101)
    The second you slot your open bolt to clear the blocking bar, the bolt (by its self ) would be considered a machine gun ..... and if you manufacture an Uzi receiver without the bar, it's a machine gun....

As far as the M11A1 goes, the fact it's made on a flat that was manufactured after RPB went out of business pretty much guarantees that it's post-82.

I honestly never remember seeing a MAC flat for sale prior to 1982....... ever

I found this video which I think is the video RPB made for the court case in 1982

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=90o4ENzfrjA

From here: https://www.hkproshop.com/forums/thr...rence-data.33/
    I report--- you decide.

380 0009
    SAP380013* (SM11)
    SAP3808687* (SM11)
    SAP3808744**(SM11)(Open Bolt)
    SAP3808814* (SM11)(Open Bolt)
    SAP3808861**(SM11)(Open Bolt)
    SAP3808900**(SM11)(Open Bolt)
    3809142*** (M11)(pre-86 MG)
    3809454**** (SSM11)

- left receiver (nothing)
    - right receiver (left- Cobray logo; center- MILITARY ARMAMENT CORP/POWDER SPRINGS GA; right- SEMI AUTOMATIC serial number)

- right receiver (left- Cobray logo; center- S M11-A1, CAL 380/RPB INDUSTRIES, INC./ATLANTA, GA. U.S.A.; right- serial number)*

- right receiver (left- Cobray logo (in a circle); center- S M11A1, 380 ACP/RPB IND INC/ATLANTA GA; right- serial number)**

- right receiver (left- Cobray logo/center- M11-A1, CAL 380/RPB INDUSTRIES, INC./ATLANTA, GA. U.S.A./right- serial number)***

- right receiver (left- Cobray logo (in a circle); center- SS M11A1, CAL 380/RPB INDUSTRIES, INC./ATLANTA, GA. U.S.A.; right- serial number)****

Tony
    Last edited by AGG; 07-03-2021 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by timgunfreak View Post
    I wonder if a Metallurgist could prove beyond doubt the age of steel and or welds? Steel and/or welds scientifically proved to be no more than 10 years old maximum would likely get you a free ticket to Club Fed
    Maybe carbon dating but I'm no metallurgist and only have a basic understanding of what happens to metals and their structures when heated, melted and formed.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC MAN View Post
    SWD Emblem on a RPB gun.
    This is the answer. The logo was changed when SWD started to a circle around the cobray and the word cobray beneath. That makes this contraption post the June 21st, 1982 cutoff of open bolt semis and after RPB had ceased to exist.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by herd118 View Post
    This is the answer. The logo was changed when SWD started to a circle around the cobray and the word cobray beneath. That makes this contraption post the June 21st, 1982 cutoff of open bolt semis and after RPB had ceased to exist.
    Some guy spent $2200 on it. Yikes.

[QUOTE=That makes this contraption post the June 21st, 1982 cutoff of open bolt semis and after RPB had ceased to exist.[/QUOTE]

playing devil’s advocate - in a criminal trial where the standard of proof is “beyond reasonable doubt” a defence could be this open bolt gun was made prior to June 1982, by someone who made their own receiver flat before ”receiver flats” were even heard of, and then, at a later date after June 1982, the Cobray logo was stamped onto the lower to give it a more authentic look.

Aside from laser engraving that is available now, I personally remember seeing for sale on the old sksparts.con site (remember them?) In the early 2000’s at least one Cobray punch stamp for sale.

+ Reply to Thread