UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Want to borrow or buy AK5 BHO lever

Want to borrow or buy AK5 BHO lever

I am in need of a an AK5 BHO lever to buy or borrow to scan as my builder lost the one I had and was using in my build.

If you know of one or have the scan of said part please let me know.

I was in process of taking my AK5 build to the final level by installing a sear, remarking it with AK5 selector markings, using a real AK5 selector, and installing the BHO when my builder reported the loss of the lever.

So to anyone who can help me out with one to purchase or point me in the right direction of one for sale I would appreciate it.

Barring that, if you know of where I can get one to scan so it could be fabricated that will work as well.

I knw someone out there can help or knows someone who can. Any leads are greatly appreciated!

=i have an FN made green AK lowerassy. Not sure it is 100% same as the Swedish Bofors. It is also close to the CAL BHO but the CAL BHO has a finger that goes in a magazine. An empty mag will trigger the BHO.
    In the FN BHO, there is no finger, it is a manual BHO.

PAco

Quote Originally Posted by flybyntaz View Post
    I am in need of a an AK5 BHO lever to buy or borrow to scan as my builder lost the one I had and was using in my build.

If you know of one or have the scan of said part please let me know.

I was in process of taking my AK5 build to the final level by installing a sear, remarking it with AK5 selector markings, using a real AK5 selector, and installing the BHO when my builder reported the loss of the lever.

So to anyone who can help me out with one to purchase or point me in the right direction of one for sale I would appreciate it.

Barring that, if you know of where I can get one to scan so it could be fabricated that will work as well.

I knw someone out there can help or knows someone who can. Any leads are greatly appreciated!

That’s a bummer. Who is doing the work for you? I bought a complete SCAR16 bolt catch to use for my AK5C project. I haven’t settled on a smith.

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    =i have an FN made green AK lowerassy. Not sure it is 100% same as the Swedish Bofors. It is also close to the CAL BHO but the CAL BHO has a finger that goes in a magazine. An empty mag will trigger the BHO.
    In the FN BHO, there is no finger, it is a manual BHO.

PAco

Paco thatís an interesting lower. The bolt catch does not appear to engage the magazine follower.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Paco thatís an interesting lower. The bolt catch does not appear to engage the magazine follower.
    Indeed, it is a manual BHO, not engaged by the follower.
    I'm actual trying to fix that witBHO

hi paco,

PM inbound, I will tell you that I believe we can fix that.

That’s a bummer. Who is doing the work for you? I bought a complete SCAR16 bolt catch to use for my AK5C project. I haven’t settled on a smith.
    That wont work as that was our first port of call as were several other existing bho's.

As for the builder, I would rather not say at this time, but he is indeed trying to make this right and If I am able to get this replicated I will post info here on the forum for other to benefit from in their quest for AK5ness

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Indeed, it is a manual BHO, not engaged by the follower.
    I'm actual trying to fix that witBHO
    Interesting. Weld, machine, and refinish?

That wont work as that was our first port of call as were several other existing bho's.

As for the builder, I would rather not say at this time, but he is indeed trying to make this right and If I am able to get this replicated I will post info here on the forum for other to benefit from in their quest for AK5ness
    Well dang. What about it doesn’t work?

Would you mind emailing me at josh (at) slgdefense (dot) com? Also I was not asking for his name to put him. It’s easy to lose small items like that. I’m genuinely interested in contacting him if he’s capable of doing the work.

Well dang. What about it doesn’t work?

Would you mind emailing me at josh (at) slgdefense (dot) com? Also I was not asking for his name to put him. It’s easy to lose small items like that. I’m genuinely interested in contacting him if he’s capable of doing the work.
    replied, assuming you got it.

replied, assuming you got it.
    Got it. Thx

+ Reply to Thread