UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick Release Wood Stock installed with Fake SMG Barrel for Display.

Quick Release Wood Stock installed with Fake SMG Barrel for Display.

I want to display my UZI. I currently have the fake barrel installed and my semi-auto carbine appears to be an SMG. Can I add the quick detach stock with the fake barrel installed? The gun cannot fire.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Unfortunately no, gray enough area, that said ATF thrives like a fungus on gray areas of the law.

Is it a factory rifle or a build? Factory rifles become an SBR with the QD stock as it could be fired without it, or so the thinking goes. Apparently having to unscrew the fixed wooden stock to do the same thing is not the same thing?

However, if you built your UZI as a pistol THEN added a stock to make it a rifle, the TC SCOTUS decision stating pistol/rifle conversions are allowed would mean removing said QD stock would convert it back into a handgun, not an SBR.

Thanks for your answer. I wanna stay legal. We only have 40,000 gun laws as a mine field. Thanks again.

IMI factory gun. I'll keep the stock at least 6 inches away from the gun at all times. :-) Thanks for your insight.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Percent View Post
    IMI factory gun. I'll keep the stock at least 6 inches away from the gun at all times. :-) Thanks for your insight.

Just so I understand everyone’s thought process. You all are recommending not installing a QD stock with a fake barrel. Because you think that would be making an SBR. It would actually be a “no barreld rifle”, as the fake display barrel is not a barrel at all.

Do any of you ever remove the barrel from your Uzi to clean it? Is it an SBR then? Seems like the same thing.

I would have no issue doing what the OP suggests. But that’s me. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    Just so I understand everyone’s thought process. You all are recommending not installing a QD stock with a fake barrel. Because you think that would be making an SBR. It would actually be a “no barreld rifle”, as the fake display barrel is not a barrel at all.

Do any of you ever remove the barrel from your Uzi to clean it? Is it an SBR then? Seems like the same thing.

I would have no issue doing what the OP suggests. But that’s me. YMMV
    This is an excellent point, however cleaning is temporary and it is unlikely an AT F agent would "catch" that. A display gun has a far greater likelihood of being "discovered". I guess if the AT F wants to find something, they would be free to interpret the rules how they wish. Bottom line for me, I will hold on to the wooden stock as an optional add-on but will keep it off the gun for now. Thanks Garrett

UZI Talk Life Member

Convert the quick detach wood stock to a bolt on. As a display gun no one would ever know the difference and you are legal.

+ Reply to Thread