UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can anything be done with CZ / VZ 26 or 58 magazines?

UZI Talk Supporter

Can anything be done with CZ / VZ 26 or 58 magazines?

PM12 / m38 also.

Anybody come up with a use for these? They are cheap right now

Yes - CZ26 mags can be used in a 45 MAC-10 frame (without a n adapter) to shoot 9mm IF you use a 9mm upper on your gun. Just notch the rear of the mag so it will use your mag catch. There is some side-to-side wobble but it can work not 100% but fairly reliable.
    Last edited by cherenkov; 07-24-2021 at 06:43 AM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Hmmm....whatever He said.

I've read about using these......Could be the unobtanium Military mags that are dirt cheap as ...someone once mentioned...Never to return and confirm.

There like 10 bucks or less in a couple places.....buy a couple and try them.
    I'll chip in for 1 just for fun...you do the research.
    pm your pp and I'll cover 1 mag...See if these work.
    Duke

I have used CZ VZ26 mags and Vz23 mags ($8 from Sarco) and they work reasonably well in my MAC. I took photos and documented the conversion on a thread a while back.
    The Vz23 mags are very similar geometry wise to the original double stack 9mm mags and can fit in a 45 mac with a 9mm mag well adapter - the Vz26 mags are longer (designed for 7.62x25) and fit a 45 mag well front-to-back but have side-to-side slop.

The Sarco mags are well rusted so they need to be stripped, cleaned well. In the two lots I received there are a couple that are less reliable than others.

Neither Vz23 or Vz26 mags have over insertion tabs so you push it up until it latches or you might over-insert. So fast reloads aren't practical with these unless you fabricate some over-insertion tabs.

Quote Originally Posted by theduke View Post
    Hmmm....whatever He said.

I've read about using these......Could be the unobtanium Military mags that are dirt cheap as ...someone once mentioned...Never to return and confirm.

There like 10 bucks or less in a couple places.....buy a couple and try them.
    I'll chip in for 1 just for fun...you do the research.
    pm your pp and I'll cover 1 mag...See if these work.
    Duke

UZI Talk Supporter
    Ty sir.

Has anyone tried the VZ 26 or 23 in an M11/nine?
    Last edited by EdM11; 07-24-2021 at 09:30 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter
    VZ26 Mags could possibly be used to convert an SMG to 7.6225; not nearly as desirable as 20 years ago due to ammo prices.

Although an HK MP5/10 or UMP45 converted to 7.6225 would be cool, as would a Krink, if you wanted a Warsaw Pact type.

+ Reply to Thread