UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: M11 Folding Stock - advice/recommendations sought

  1. #1
    UZI Talk Supporter

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    85

    M11 Folding Stock - advice/recommendations sought

    Anyone have experience with the folding stock from US Machinegun? Any good alternatives out there? I like that it is aluminum as I try to stay away from polymers.

    stock in question
    http://usmachinegun.com/proddetail.php?prod=M11SMG-FSA

  2. #2
    UZI Talk Supporter

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    85
    probably should clarify that I am referring to an swd m11 9mm not a mac m11 .380

  3. #3
    UZI Talk Supporter
    Offmarksman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    639
    Lots of different opinions on stocks out there, but I’ll give you my opinion. I like a the aluminum adapter from Lage with a double star ace side folding mechanism that you s designed to take an ar15 style buffer tube. Then you can use your preference of the many ar15 collapsible buttstocks out there (I like Magpul). As a side note, you can machine the end off of the buffer tube and store a copy of your stamp and “papers” in there. If you are going to shoot a red dot sight, this setup works great. If you want to use oem style uppers, you will need to put some of the Lage “wedges” in between the adapter and the folding mechanism to angle the stock down slightly (so you can see the sight posts). If you want to switch in between, you can use a cheek riser comb on the slightly angled stock to shoot the higher red dot sight. I actually have (2) Magpul butts, one with a cheek riser, and one without. It’s easy to switch them out when I switch uppers.

    There will likely be others who will have very different opinions on this topic. My setup has treated me well. It is comfortable, and performs well when shooting matches.

  4. #4
    UZI Talk Supporter
    Offmarksman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    639
    [IMG][/IMG]

    Here’s a pic of the setup on my baby Mac. My m11/9 is set up just like it. Just have to keep the stock collaped when shooting.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    305
    Lage all things.

  6. #6
    UZI Talk Supporter

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    85
    Thank you much for the advice and pictures! I don't own an AR so all things AR are a little foreign to me. I really like Lage's extender that is basically an improvement on the original wire stock but I'm wanting something a bit more solid now that I have the 11/15 on my lower.

  7. #7
    UZI Talk Supporter
    Gaujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,388
    You asked for other options. The Lage adapter uses ACE pattern, thus any of their adapters could be used with it. That includes the ar-15 pigtail, which allows you to use AR stocks, as well as their AK direct attach stock options.

    There are at least dozens of options just from Ace and some from Lage too.

    Then there are the newest options which are dedicated adapters for one stock, like the ACR, Zhukov and others
    https://norse-forge.com/

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Page
    Posts
    426
    they all use an ACE type pattern and similar folder to ACE. I have the same kit from USMG, works fine. I removed the stock and mounted their machined rail then a Sig Folder.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    You asked for other options. The Lage adapter uses ACE pattern, thus any of their adapters could be used with it. That includes the ar-15 pigtail, which allows you to use AR stocks, as well as their AK direct attach stock options.

    There are at least dozens of options just from Ace and some from Lage too.

    Then there are the newest options which are dedicated adapters for one stock, like the ACR, Zhukov and others
    https://norse-forge.com/
    Did not realize NorseForge was restocked!
    I’ve used the Lage pig nose adapter with ACE folder, then the pig nose with a vz58 folder, and now using the NF/Magpul Zhukov folding stock. If it’s available, I’d say go that route.

  10. #10
    UZI Talk Supporter

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    85
    Thanks for the feedback. Norse Forge Zhukov was my first choice (liked the aesthetic) but he is out of them. Talked to him on the phone, super nice guy, just doesn't have any right now or plans to produce. He did say though that he had some CZ's. That was about three months ago now. Has there been a change in status with the Zhukov since then? Little off topic but was the Zhukov stock named after Georgy Zhukov who (among many other items of historical interest) arrested Lavrentiy Beria?

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by smec_289 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Norse Forge Zhukov was my first choice (liked the aesthetic) but he is out of them. Talked to him on the phone, super nice guy, just doesn't have any right now or plans to produce. He did say though that he had some CZ's. That was about three months ago now. Has there been a change in status with the Zhukov since then? Little off topic but was the Zhukov stock named after Georgy Zhukov who (among many other items of historical interest) arrested Lavrentiy Beria?
    Check out Guajo’s link. There appear to be 5 in stock.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky923 View Post
    Check out Guajo’s link. There appear to be 5 in stock.
    There was 6. I just bought one. I would have bought the Scorpion adapter, but OEM CZ Scorpion stocks are nowhere to be found.

  13. #13
    UZI Talk Supporter
    Gaujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisel View Post
    There was 6. I just bought one. I would have bought the Scorpion adapter, but OEM CZ Scorpion stocks are nowhere to be found.
    Czech this out.
    https://shop.cz-usa.com/evo-fde-stoc...600703fde.html

  14. #14
    Registered User bruh44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    827
    Not a fan of US machinegun in. They’ve done a few shitty things to me and a few other users on here. I got the Lage adapter and the older CZ steel wire stock. It’s not drop in but if you can drill and tap, or bring it to a Smith, I think it’s the best option for the M11/9.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,466
    I don't have an M11/9, but I do have an M11-380; and after trying several other types of collapsible and/or folding stocks, I've gone back to the original wire collapse and fold on top stock, even for the 9mm Suomi mag upper application. Gordon Ingram knew what he was doing.

    Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with or financial interest in any vendor or manufacturer; and I am not a competitive shooter or a blogger who receives any form of compensation for endorsements or favorable public or private comments. Use of vendor and/or product brand names, if any, is for informational purposes only.

    Best of luck.
    MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

  16. #16
    UZI Talk Supporter
    Gaujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,388
    Quote Originally Posted by bruh44 View Post
    Not a fan of US machinegun in. They’ve done a few shitty things to me and a few other users on here. I got the Lage adapter and the older CZ steel wire stock. It’s not drop in but if you can drill and tap, or bring it to a Smith, I think it’s the best option for the M11/9.
    CZ wire stock? Pics please

  17. #17
    UZI Talk Supporter
    Gaujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,388
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondAmend View Post
    I don't have an M11/9, but I do have an M11-380; and after trying several other types of collapsible and/or folding stocks, I've gone back to the original wire collapse and fold on top stock, even for the 9mm Suomi mag upper application. Gordon Ingram knew what he was doing.

    Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with or financial interest in any vendor or manufacturer; and I am not a competitive shooter or a blogger who receives any form of compensation for endorsements or favorable public or private comments. Use of vendor and/or product brand names, if any, is for informational purposes only.

    Best of luck.
    MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.
    That stock is a great idea, but conventional wisdom has basically coalesced around it being dangerous due to its ability to collapse during shooting. I've had mine collapse during shooting, and it was scary. There have been people who have fixed the lockup to make it reliable however and that might be ok. I for one shoot more accurately with a consistent cheek weld, which I cannot get with any wire stock in general, but the aesthetic and practical appeal of that original stock I agree are undeniable, especially if one were going to use it for real.

  18. #18
    Registered User bruh44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    827
    Sorry, VZ not CZ.
    https://www.vz58usa.com/product/vz58...tock-unissued/
    I think I paid $40 for mine though. This is just the first image I found.

  19. #19
    UZI Talk Supporter

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by bruh44 View Post
    Sorry, VZ not CZ.
    https://www.vz58usa.com/product/vz58...tock-unissued/
    I think I paid $40 for mine though. This is just the first image I found.
    I like the VZ stock idea, something a little different and looks pretty functional too. Does it clear the ejection enough to allow for firing with it folded? I feel that the aesthetic would match the mac family pretty well.

  20. #20
    UZI Talk Supporter

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    85
    seems like a good price in today's market http://www.euro-military.com/SA-VZ-5...ab=description

    if no importation issues this could also be a good source https://www.kentaurguns.com/shotgun-...folding-stock/

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter.