UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Iíve have my Century UC9 running like a r@ped ape.

I have my Century UC9 up and running

I picked up a UC9. Long story short, the seller disclosed that it was a POS. To me that meant less $$$.😉 Took it home and cleaned it, everything appeared to be fine. Took it to the range, it ran like total crap. double feeds, FTEs, FTF, and pierced primers(weird). I could not get 5 rds through it without a malfunction. I even tried different ammo and mags, with the same results.

Cleaned it good and took a jewelerís file to the firing pin. I slowly took off a few thousandths of metal from the firing pin and polished the feed ramp.
    Test fired again. Flawless!!! Happy as hell to say the least.

Free advice: Leave the dremmel tool alone and do it by hand.
    Last edited by Gumbochen; 07-27-2021 at 09:27 PM. Reason: grammatical error in title

UZI Talk Life Member
    Glad to hear, always wondered why Century (or whoever built them) decided to use a proprietary firing pin, this proves they should have left well enough alone.

From my limited knowledge of C.A.I. and only visiting there twice. It is my humble opinion that they used a proprietary firing pin to save $. How much money, only Century and God know; but not much I’m sure.

+ Reply to Thread