UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uzi receiver pieces require a FFL ?

Uzi receiver pieces require a FFL ?

It says a form 4473 is required as it is a “receiver”

I thought any non MG receiver ceased being a receiver once it was cut into pieces, regardless of where it was cut or what it was cut with ???

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/907013370

UZI Talk Supporter

Semper Vigilo
    That is hosed. It is either a MG or it is not. He needs to check ATF req for demill of Uzi and do or sell accordingly.
    NFA Firearms: In A World Of Compromise, Some Don't.

That’s strange. I’ve bought cut up full auto parts kits from that seller before that didn’t transfer through an FFL. Some Gunbroker auction categories default to FFL required. Maybe they have someone new doing the GB sales who doesn’t know they can override it.

UZI Talk Supporter

He never marketed it as a full auto receiver, the Group Auction some 14000 semi receivers were sold just like that, now why it got the cut I have no idea, but the seller feels or knows that the receiver was not cut per requirements and is selling accordingly.
    Class 3 shooters blow thier loads faster and with only 1 pull of the trigger

Quote Originally Posted by David Hineline View Post
    He never marketed it as a full auto receiver, the Group Auction some 14000 semi receivers were sold just like that, now why it got the cut I have no idea, but the seller feels or knows that the receiver was not cut per requirements and is selling accordingly.
    That makes sense. Looks like it doesn't meet the requirements.

Name:  proper_destruction_firearms2.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  133.5 KB

Here is a uncut GI receiver shell, exactly the same as the cut one, and while the seller is a FFL and it says FFL required, the seller specifically says in the description that GB added the FFL required text, and this item does NOT require a FFL

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/906439727

Yet in the listing for the cut receiver the seller specially says in the description it is a receiver and requires a form 4473

Quote Originally Posted by timgunfreak View Post
    Here is a uncut GI receiver shell, exactly the same as the cut one, and while the seller is a FFL and it says FFL required, the seller specifically says in the description that GB added the FFL required text, and this item does NOT require a FFL

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/906439727

Yet in the listing for the cut receiver the seller specially says in the description it is a receiver and requires a form 4473
    That listing does need a FFL, the serial number is 516070 as seen on the back right of the receiver. The "S" stamped on the opposite side means it is registered as semi auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Member13 View Post
    That listing does need a FFL, the serial number is 516070 as seen on the back right of the receiver. The "S" stamped on the opposite side means it is registered as semi auto.
    If it is a receiver wouldn’t it then be a (possibly illegal) machine gun receiver due to the abscene of a blocking bar?

If it is a receiver wouldn’t it then be a (possibly illegal) machine gun receiver due to the abscene of a blocking bar?
    If you welded it up and left the blocking bar out you would have an MG spec receiver, and that is a no-no. As it sits being just a shell, it is an incomplete receiver and would require parts welded in to actually function, one assumes you would include the blocking bar to stay legal. ATF apparently has no problem with this as these shells have been sold for decades. But they are an FFL item, contrary to what the seller says. I bought one way back in the day from KY imports for a stupid cheap price, like $30 or so. Had to go through an FFL.

If it is a receiver wouldn't it then be a (possibly illegal) machine gun receiver due to the absence of a blocking bar?
    I don't have an answer for that.

I bought four just like it from a dealer and had no issues at all, will not name drop him but it is a large dealer. They are sold currently at many places as the stripped UC9 versions also.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Gunbroker is now adding to parts listings that an FFL is required. I sold a mini Uzi SMG bolt and the listing said an FFL was required. I put in the description an FFL was not required.
    Richard Hoffman
    Gunsmith/Owner

BWE Firearms & Parts
    Longwood, FL
    (407) 592-3975
    www.bwefirearms.com
    richard@bwefirearms.com

UZI Talk Life Member
    Way freakin' too close to the city....especially now!
    Sounds like they’re turning into an EBay thing! eBay wanted me to permanently affix an orange plug to the barrel of a FANNER 50 cap gun! I’d make a orange blob in “Paint” and add it to every picture and then add a snarky comment in the description about having to do that! We’re just getting started! Any rate if you buy it the seller will use common sense!

UZI Talk Life Member
    Yes gb is probably tagging the term ( rec) and auto adding ffl.

This has been a thing for a while now.

Lots of 1 cut kits still out there.......Must they be RE-Cut to current standards to resell...IDK

lots of wtf going on lately....Market seems to have stalled in the last few weeks...no clue whats up.

GB has definitely lost sight of reality and common sense with their listings.
    I just bought an UZI cleaning kit that required an FFL... for a cleaning kit?!?

Quote Originally Posted by TSPC View Post
    That makes sense. Looks like it doesn't meet the requirements.

Attachment 36686
    Incorrect. That infographic is depicting the demil requirements for importation.

Well,...the auction ended without a single bid.

Quote Originally Posted by atfsux View Post
    Well,...the auction ended without a single bid.

The auction that was the subject of this thread had 11 bids and it sold for $102.00

The auction that was the subject of this thread had 11 bids and it sold for $102.00

Derp! I clicked on the wrong link. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/906439727

GB will put bs requirements on legitimate users, but do nothing about scammers or shill buyers.

+ Reply to Thread