UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: franklin armory binary trigger???

franklin armory binary trigger???

Quest since no one else seems to know on the other sites, has anyone done a more traditional selector for these? Or modified one to work with the frankin binary trigger?

UZI Talk Life Member

In looking at the images of the AK binary trigger installed in an AK, the movement required of the selector, is more than a traditional AK selector would move. I would imagine that is why the selector included with the kit is so much shorter. When the selector is pointed to the binary position, a traditional length selector would be down at the mag catch. That looks like the selector could interfere with mag changes. Search "franklin binary trigger ak images" to see what I mean.

Could a more traditional shaped lever be made? I would imagine. But the geometry of the selector shaft would need to be changed for a shorter throw. I would imagine that the shaft would need very precise machining to get the same functionality in a shorter throw. How much time and effort that would require seems to me would have very little return on the investment. That is most likely why the Franklin binary trigger ak trigger has the selector it has.

Scott

Scott thank you for the input, its apricated

UZI Talk Life Member

What I posted was just my opinion. It just looks that way too me. I would imagine that Franklin would have had a more traditional style selector lever if it was easy enough to do. I am sure you aren't the only one that doesn't like the look of the current selector.

Scott

+ Reply to Thread