UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VZ61 Skorpion 32ACP

UZI Talk Supporter

VZ61 Skorpion 32ACP

So, tell me about the .32ACP VZ61 Skorpion. For some reason Iím wanting to pick one of these up and SBR it. But Iíve never even shot one!

Easy to build.

UZI Talk Supporter
    did any of the FA version of this ever make it into the registry?

UZI Talk Supporter
    I might have a line on a new one, with stock, and 12 twenty round mags for$700. Just need to form 1 and buy the stock plate.

Is there currently a source for the stock mounting adapter?
    Nevermind....found it.
    https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/vz-61...-plate/product
    Last edited by timkel; 07-25-2020 at 08:01 AM.

Neat toy from the Czech republic. I wanted one for years and got one last summer with threaded barrel. Did the SBR thing last fall so it now has the stock.

UZI Talk Life Member
    My brother and I bought them back when Centerfiresystems was selling them for $399 years ago. I ended up SBRing mine just recently, got the plate from Recon Ord. and stock from
    Ebay.

Since these are imported pistols, does 922r apply when making a SBR? A VZ61 SBR is something I would like to have, but have wondered about 922r. Any thoughts?

ATF has made contradictory statements about whether or not 922(r) applies to SBRs or not. I have seen letters stating they don't need any US parts, others stating they did. There is even one out there that states an SBR made from an existing gun and one built brand new have different requirements. One is subject to 922(r), one is not. But damned if I could tell from the convoluted language used which one required US parts and which one didn't!

Safest course is to assume it does apply. OTOH, the crime is the actual assembly, not possession, and absent a confession or something like a build thread documenting your work, it would be almost impossible to prove you did the deed. AFAIK ATF is not going around looking for "USA" stamped on triggers and such, at worst they might tack it on the long list of charges they hit you with if you do something wrong they do care about.

UZI Talk Life Member

At least to me, if you are the one on the Form 1 as the "Maker" then you are the person to change the configuration of the pistol (which is not subject to foreign parts count) to a Short Barreled Rifle (which is subject to foreign parts count) as 922(R) makes no mention as to whether the non sporting use configured semi automatic mag fed rifle is a Title I or Title II firearm. I have not heard of a case where an individual was singularly charged with a 922(R) violation. Of course as posted above, it would be more challenging to find a private individual with documentation of the Manufacturing of a Title I rifle. But unless you bought and transferred a Title II SBR, if you filed the Form 1, you did the manufacturing. So do you feel lucky?

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by A&S Conversions View Post
    At least to me, if you are the one on the Form 1 as the "Maker" then you are the person to change the configuration of the pistol (which is not subject to foreign parts count) to a Short Barreled Rifle (which is subject to foreign parts count) as 922(R) makes no mention as to whether the non sporting use configured semi automatic mag fed rifle is a Title I or Title II firearm. I have not heard of a case where an individual was singularly charged with a 922(R) violation. Of course as posted above, it would be more challenging to find a private individual with documentation of the Manufacturing of a Title I rifle. But unless you bought and transferred a Title II SBR, if you filed the Form 1, you did the manufacturing. So do you feel lucky?

Scott
    Thanks for the response. I don’t suppose anyone makes 922r compliant parts for the vz61? It is very confusing. One of the websites of the companies ( I think Czechpoint) makes no mention of US parts count when advertising the stocks and stock brackets. It does state you must file a form 1 to put them together on the pistol. Because the website makes no mention of 922r it almost gives the impression it doesn’t apply. I mean, if they are telling you to file a form 1 to make a SBR, then wouldn’t they also tell you to add 922r parts if that was required? Oh well, I think the wisest thing to do is to just shoot it as a pistol.

UZI Talk Life Member

Compliance is up to the owner. They make some parts. Not enough parts for compliance. So pointing that out to buyers won't help them sell the parts they have. Ultimately compliance is up to you. Ask them if they will file a Form 2 making you a SBR with their name on it. Somehow I don't think that they would do it, or they would have the compliance parts. As previously posted, the odds that they would track you down over 922(R) compliance would be incredibly low.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by 3154tm View Post
    did any of the FA version of this ever make it into the registry?
    I would be kinda of town between a Vz or Stechkin if anything like that was actual for sale. The second part is they are probbally so rare i couldn't afford it.

If any did probably a pre-68 bring back amnesty registered or a parts kit pre-86?

Cool 32acp suppressor for the VZ61

Brand new suppressor release!! https://youtu.be/4xr2ILo11R8

UZI Talk Supporter
    Suppressed Skorpion SBR could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by sniperdoc View Post
    Suppressed Skorpion SBR could be interesting.
    I shoot mine with a Gemtech Trinity 9mm can and it's great.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I have a SiCo Hybrid, doubt I'll ever thread my barrel, the suppressor weighs more than the skorpion.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woodenword View Post
    So, tell me about the .32ACP VZ61 Skorpion. For some reason I’m wanting to pick one of these up and SBR it. But I’ve never even shot one!
    I had one. It was really cool to look at and interesting that it is made from both milled and sheet steel and the rate reducer is very interesting. It was kinda meh on shooting it, it's very big and heavy for a .32 and the price of ammo was much more than 9mm. I didn't have a shoulder stock on mine but laying up one to it the LOP was stupidly short. It's up to your individual tastes but for the money I'd get a nice 22 with a can on it.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Like the KRISS. A gun specifically built for full auto is really just a waste of engineering effort in semi. Gonna look cool at the range tho
    Check out my Youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by bigu2fan View Post
    Thanks for the response. I don’t suppose anyone makes 922r compliant parts for the vz61? It is very confusing. One of the websites of the companies ( I think Czechpoint) makes no mention of US parts count when advertising the stocks and stock brackets. It does state you must file a form 1 to put them together on the pistol. Because the website makes no mention of 922r it almost gives the impression it doesn’t apply. I mean, if they are telling you to file a form 1 to make a SBR, then wouldn’t they also tell you to add 922r parts if that was required? Oh well, I think the wisest thing to do is to just shoot it as a pistol.
    FWIW, (and I have no particular expertise) there is an available 3Dprint receiver that marries a Scorpion upper to an AR FCG, which would likely be plenty American for anyone. Suppose you’d need to give it a serial number to SBR it, but I think there’s a brace adapter.

+ Reply to Thread