UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vector UZI

Vector UZI

Hi everyone, Iím looking to pick up a transferable full auto UZI here in the next few weeks and have a couple questions.

Iíve pretty much settled on purchasing a Vector since from what I have read they donít have a blocking bar, are built to standard SMG specs and are compatible with all surplus bolts, barrels etc.

I just called Ruben down in Miami and he said he has a few vectors for sale and I can go down to Miami and have my pick.

Iíve always read how important it is to inspect what you are buying first. What exactly am I looking for? Iíve heard some of these can have out of spec trunnions or receivers. How do I determine if everything is in spec without test firing?

From what I have read anything can be fixed with these but I want something that works right out of the box.

Thanks,

Dan

UZI Talk Supporter

Will he allow test firing?
    Best way to find out if it runs.
    Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

I had a vector that ran perfect. Others have had different experiences. Most are probably just fine. I would tend to prefer one that has been test fired or has video of it running as its more likely to show any issues or have already had them corrected. None of them are generally unfixable just something to be aware of.

UZI Talk Supporter

Buy one that has been fired until broken, then welded properly and re-finished, NIB unfired is going to be a repair waiting to happen.
    Class 3 shooters blow thier loads faster and with only 1 pull of the trigger

UZI Talk Life Member

A lot of Vector Group Industries Uzis have misaligned trunnions. Mine is one.

Vector's solution was to bevel the inner mouth of the barrel to minimize feeding issues. That means most other FA barrels without that bevel won't work very well.

That has been my experience.
    My name is actually Scott and I really do live in Texas.

I know, not very creative but it is factual.

By the way - Facebook is truly evil; resist the urge to participate.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Consider an IMI (semi auto) that was converted. That way you’re starting with a gun built properly and the rest falls on who did the conversion and the quality of their work.

Quote Originally Posted by David Hineline View Post
    Buy one that has been fired until broken, then welded properly and re-finished, NIB unfired is going to be a repair waiting to happen.
    What makes you say that….? JW

UZI Talk Life Member
    Only The Best Firearms has Uzis that I have gone through and come with a certification and a warranty from me. The certifications tell you everything mechanically about the Uzi, full or semi auto spec etc. I go through them , test fire them, then refinish them. If he does not have any in stock I have 2 or 3 of his Uzis I'm working on.
    Richard Hoffman
    Gunsmith/Owner

BWE Firearms & Parts
    Longwood, FL
    (407) 592-3975
    www.bwefirearms.com
    richard@bwefirearms.com

UZI Talk Supporter

Unfired/Never fired is code for "gun wont run"!

No way Id trade my full spec IMI Pearl conversion for a Vector.
    Dont get me wrong though, Id buy a Vector in a heartbeat for a fair price.
    BTDT.
    Last edited by trilogymac; 09-18-2021 at 10:05 AM.
    Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

ScottinTexas: Misaligned trunnions are the most common problem I hear about. What you describe is what Iím trying to avoid. I want a gun that I can drop any surplus barrel, bolt or any other surplus part into and it works.

Sounds like a simple way to check alignment would be to try out a few different barrels in any gun. I have an M16 lower that has an out of spec mag well. Even after blueprinting the receiver it still only works with USGI mags. Hopping to avoid getting anything out of spec again.

BWE Firearms: I would love nothing better than to purchase a gun you have personally checked out and inspected. Vito doesnít have any Uzis listed on his web sight currently.

How can I go about purchasing one of these guns you are bringing back up to spec? Should I email you or contact Vito?

Thank you,

Dan

UZI Talk Supporter

Email Phil at Only the best firearms. Phil handles machine gun sales for Vito. They usually have more in stock then what is displayed on their website.

phil@onlythebestfirearms.com

I bought a Vector back in 2002. I've had zero problems with it. I'd buy it all over again. Especially for $2750.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I’ve owned 4 Vectors - never had an issue with any of them…

In my lifetime Iv owned 6 different vector uzis. Half minis and half full sizes. Never had a problem Iv been reading about all these years.

And I'll add -- any surplus lower, barrel or bolt fits in the gun just fine. I have a 45 ACP conversion for it that runs perfectly. A lot of people on this site trash talk Vectors. Good to see some positive posts about them. My brother bought an IMI converted gun and than had to pay to get some work done on it.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Fwiw, I suspect there are probably A LOT more Vector Uzis out there
    than all other conversions combined. As the saying goes - one bad apple
    can spoil the bunch…

IMHO, a Vector is a great choice
    for new MG buyers as you aren’t going to end up
    with a partially converted gun or undesirable/illegal
    conversion (Eg slotted bolt in a RR gun that somehow
    Now has no blocking bar). Dealers seem to love to unload
    those bad conversions (aka great deals) on unsuspecting new Uzi buyers…

UZI Talk Life Member
    Both of my Vector SMGs ran 100%. The full size was NIB, the Mini was not.
    Old Arizona saying: "A rattlesnake in the house ends all talk about animal rights!"

UZI Talk Life Member

I purchsed a vector from Ruben and it's been perfect. Uses all standard parts. Everything I've gotten from him has been top notch.

I also have a Vector with zero work or modification. It's up to about 11k rds with no issues.

Can anybody point me in the direction of a SMG three lug barrel new* in stock somewhere?

+ Reply to Thread