UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Value of Vector UZI .22 magazines?

  1. #1
    UZI Talk Supporter
    ferndog1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    South West PA
    Posts
    552

    Value of Vector UZI .22 magazines?

    Value of Vector UZI .22 magazines?

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,492
    On July 28, 2007 Vector was selling their magazines for their full size Uzi .22LR conversion at $30.45 for the 20 round mag and $52.50 for the 28 round mag.
    The value today, is a matter not only of what Vector sold their mags for, but also the prices of alternatives. IIRC, when BWE sold their (28 round?) mags, they were around $60 or $70. IWI Uzi .22LR 20 round mags also work with the full size Uzi full auto .22LR conversion and they seem to sell at $50-$60. Subgun Ordnance currently sells 28 round Uzi .22 conversion mags that appear to be N.O.S. Black Dog 28 round mags for $25.

    Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with or financial interest in any vendor or manufacturer; and I am not a competitive shooter or a blogger who receives any form of compensation for endorsements or favorable public or private comments. Use of vendor and/or product brand names, if any, is for informational purposes only.

    Best of luck.
    MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondAmend View Post
    IWI Uzi .22LR 20 round mags also work with the full size Uzi full auto .22LR conversion and they seem to sell at $50-$60. Subgun Ordnance currently sells 28 round Uzi .22 conversion mags that appear to be N.O.S. Black Dog 28 round mags for $25.
    IWI and BlackDog mags will likely NOT work with the older Group or Vector 22 kits. I have a couple of kits and the only mags that reliably work are the sleeved Vector style with the squared feed lip blocks which I've never paid more than $40/ea for. - http://www.uzitalk.com/reference/pages/22rmags.htm

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by b_saan View Post
    IWI and BlackDog mags will likely NOT work with the older Group or Vector 22 kits. I have a couple of kits and the only mags that reliably work are the sleeved Vector style with the squared feed lip blocks which I've never paid more than $40/ea for. - http://www.uzitalk.com/reference/pages/22rmags.htm
    I guess I don't know what you mean by "older" kits. I bought my full size, full auto Uzi .22LR conversion assembly from Vector in 2007 (hence the quotes of 2007 prices from Vector), which was towards the end of their run. I use mags from Vector, Black Dog, BWE, and IWI. The IWI mags are only 20 round as are a couple of the Vector mags so they don't get used much.

    To get the IWI and initially purchased Black Dog mags to fit, I had to notch the rear of the left lip (to clear the ejector in the Uzi) and the front of the right lip (so that the left lip acts as an ejector, similar to a Ruger 10/22 mag). The Vector and BWE mags had the notches as described when purchased. At some point in time, Black Dog started cutting the notches in the lips, as the last one I bought from them had the notches. Also, I have a tight magwell so I did have to sand down the IWI mags on the sides, but I've had to sand down the sides of painted 9mm mags to get them to fit, too.

    MHO, YMMV, etc.
    Last edited by SecondAmend; 10-14-2021 at 04:41 PM.

  5. #5
    UZI Talk Supporter

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    South Sioux City, NE
    Posts
    738
    The value is $60 each if you are selling them to me.
    Class 3 shooters blow thier loads faster and with only 1 pull of the trigger

  6. #6
    Registered User K2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    PMR&PC
    Posts
    351
    Hi All,

    A note on the Vector 28 round magazines.

    There were 2 flavors of 28 round Vector/Group magazines. IIRC, one was 8" long and the other is 8.5" long. In my experience, the 8.5" long mags normally don't even fit into the magwell. I've had to set them up in the mill and machine off part of the seam (shortening them from front to back) to get them into a gun. Even after that machine work the magazines do not seem to work nearly as well as the 8.0" version.

    FWIW, the 8" version is a slightly earlier version of the 22 magazine. The 8.5" were later.

    With all that said I've paid more than the mentioned prices.

    As usual, YMMV.

    Enjoy,

    K2

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    Hi All,

    A note on the Vector 28 round magazines.

    There were 2 flavors of 28 round Vector/Group magazines. IIRC, one was 8" long and the other is 8.5" long. In my experience, the 8.5" long mags normally don't even fit into the magwell. I've had to set them up in the mill and machine off part of the seam (shortening them from front to back) to get them into a gun. Even after that machine work the magazines do not seem to work nearly as well as the 8.0" version.

    FWIW, the 8" version is a slightly earlier version of the 22 magazine. The 8.5" were later.

    With all that said I've paid more than the mentioned prices.

    As usual, YMMV.

    Enjoy,

    K2
    FWIW, The three 28 round, 8 1/2 in. top to bottom height Vector mags I have all appear to have been made using the steel bodies of Argentine FMK, 40 round mags. And they fit without any grinding, sanding, or milling on my part.
    Also and only partially on topic, I used one of the IWI 20 round mags a few days ago to measure the rate of fire (ROF) of the .22 conversion. For two runs of 10 rounds each of CCI MiniMag 40 gr, copper plated, round nose ammo; the ROFs were 974 RPM for one run and 1000 RPM for the second. Then with two, 10 round runs of CCI Standard Velocity, 40 gr. waxed round nose ammo, the measured ROFs were 1008 and 1007 RPM.
    MHO, YMMV, etc.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter.