UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uzi value question (to shoot or not to shoot. That is the question)

Uzi value question (to shoot or not to shoot. That is the question)

Ok, so I bought what looks to be and was claimed to be an unfired AA Model A IMI Uzi. It came with the unused sling, dummy short display barrel and two magazines (one in the original AA box). I'm not a collector of Uzis (I collect Lugers, C96 Mausers and such). It has no box nor paperwork. Now the question, is it worth more if I don't shoot it or am I dreaming? Uzi Gurus I beseech you, share your knowledge.

On a side note, I have no intention of using the NIB Action Arms magazine as I think it's neat to have and will go in my collection with the Uzi belt buckles. Thanks for the help.

To a true collector unfired would add value, the unknown is how much value. Now, NIB with all paperwork and original accessories would be the most desirable.

The other question is how many folks (with money) collect semi auto Uzis?

Shoot it and have fun.
    It has no original box or accessories. “Unfired” collector value would be questionable imho.

It went to the range today and may be a weapon that I hold onto for a minute.

UZI Talk Life Member

Good! Better you enjoy it than someone else when they are shoveling dirt on your grave.
    My Sex Life Is Like A Ferrari,I Don't Have A Ferrari.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by sharps_74 View Post
    It went to the range today and may be a weapon that I hold onto for a minute.
    They are definitely fun!

Shoot it until you get bored with it, which will be pretty soon. Without the happy switch, its just an oversized 9mm pistol.

I'm seriously considering slapping the short barrel in it and making it an SBR. I need to put "Made on Arkansas" on the weapon first though. living in a free state is awesome.

Way freakin' too close to the city....especially now!
    I've had semi only UZI's since I bought my first IMI Model B new in the 1980's. I don't need the happy switch to appreciate it!

Unfortunately, I sold my first Model B and regretted it! Finally in around 2008 I bought a NIB Model A! I didn't shoot it for two years because it was NIB and pristine! Well one day I thought that it was a gun and was meant to be shot so I did and all was well. If it sits in a box in a dark closet, it might as well be a rock or a paperweight. I did buy a 9mm conversion kit from RD to use its non-serialized barrel when I shoot it to preserve the original.

A few years later, a member here sold me a Model B in very nice condition and I used it as my main shooter. Maybe 4 years ago, a good friend I worked with fell in love when he shot my UZI and we tried to find him an IMI Model B for what he could afford but could not. So, as much as I hated to sell it, I sold the B to him for just what I paid for it even though they were bringing more at the time. It's great to hear him talk about the fact it's one of his favorite guns. I still miss the B and maybe someday I'll find another Ican afford. But heck, all I have to say is I want to shoot it and he's ready to hit the range.

So, enjoy shooting yours no matter what changes you make to it.

Quote Originally Posted by sharps_74 View Post
    I'm seriously considering slapping the short barrel in it and making it an SBR. I need to put "Made on Arkansas" on the weapon first though. living in a free state is awesome.
    I hear the process to get the form 1 through ATF is on-line now and happens really fast. Definitely SBR it. The 16" barrel just looks wrong.

UZI Talk Life Member

I would SBR it as like others have said, it looks funny and handles wrong with the 16" barrel. You can mark the barrel with your NFA info so no need to mark up the gun. I had a SA Uzi back in the early 80s but sold it for some reason. I did not have it that long and don't even remember why I sold it. That was long before I had a full auto Uzi, but it was fun at the time.

"I did not have it that long and don't even remember why I sold it."

Probably because it got boring.

"I need to put "Made on Arkansas" on the weapon first though"

Read the requirements for SBR. You don't need to mark up the weapon itself, just the barrel. That way, when you sell it, you can sell it as a semi auto title 1 firearm and not NFA.

Deleted.
    Last edited by fortyfive1911a1; 11-24-2021 at 10:13 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter

SBR with the added markings ads value only to you, future sales with transfer taxes are a money looser.
    Class 3 shooters blow thier loads faster and with only 1 pull of the trigger

UZI Talk Supporter
    A gun you don't shoot is like art you keep in a closet.
    Check out my Youtube channel

+ Reply to Thread