UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Poison SuMac -- 3D Printed MAC Lower?

UZI Talk Supporter
    Well ignoring the weird anti-semite commentary, anyone else thinking of messing with this? Trying to figure out if a semi mpa bolt would be all you'd need.

And Concord, for the 07 SOT folks, would the sear trip work the same for an open bolt upper with the ar-15 fcg? I can't figure out how that would work with the trigger in such as different position.
    Check out my Youtube channel

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    And Concord, for the 07 SOT folks, would the sear trip work the same for an open bolt upper with the ar-15 fcg? I can't figure out how that would work with the trigger in such as different position.
    It wouldn't as-is... it would take some substantial modification to make it work... some weird adaptation of a lightning-link-ish setup is where I'd start.
    Now hosting: www.MAC-11.info

UZI Talk Supporter
    What about the semi bolt? Is it set up to get triggered thus? Wondering if I should get a semi cobray bolt or just the VMA9 gear.

For those not following AWCY on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWgqnqbrjiK/

Name:  awcysumacacr.JPG
Views: 247
Size:  72.3 KB

UZI Talk Life Member

So instead of AR fire control, what if HK trigger pack was used for the 07/02 crowd? A trip surface machined in the back of the bolt to trip the auto sear.

Scott

UZI Talk Supporter
    M16 FCG vs AR15 FCG?

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by sniperdoc View Post
    M16 FCG vs AR15 FCG?
    For those that can legally make machineguns. There was speculation, for those that can legally make new machineguns, on a full auto version of this firearm. I am addressing that possibility. The auto sear for the M16 is activated behind the firing pin. The M11 bolt has nothing behind the firing pin. The HK full auto fire control group is readily available on the surplus market and activates in front of the firing pin. Adding a sear trip surface behind the firing pin of the M11 bolt to activate M16 auto sear would be much more complicated than creating a trip surface for the HK full auto fire control group using the M11 bolt with a semi auto firing pin.

The original CF(W) all tungsten bolt have a provision for a removable firing pin which was to allow the future possibility of closed bolt operation. The full size CF(W) bolts shipped with a fixed firing pin. That pin could be replaced with a semi auto closed bolt firing pin. Modifying the original full size CF(W) bolt for HK auto sear functionality would not interfere with the original use, other than the switching of the firing pin.

Scott

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by A&S Conversions View Post
    For those that can legally make machineguns. There was speculation, for those that can legally make new machineguns, on a full auto version of this firearm. I am addressing that possibility. The auto sear for the M16 is activated behind the firing pin. The M11 bolt has nothing behind the firing pin. The HK full auto fire control group is readily available on the surplus market and activates in front of the firing pin. Adding a sear trip surface behind the firing pin of the M11 bolt to activate M16 auto sear would be much more complicated than creating a trip surface for the HK full auto fire control group using the M11 bolt with a semi auto firing pin.

The original CF(W) all tungsten bolt have a provision for a removable firing pin which was to allow the future possibility of closed bolt operation. The full size CF(W) bolts shipped with a fixed firing pin. That pin could be replaced with a semi auto closed bolt firing pin. Modifying the original full size CF(W) bolt for HK auto sear functionality would not interfere with the original use, other than the switching of the firing pin.

Scott
    I was definitely referring to 07/02s in my reference. Thanks for explaining how the HK setup would be easier.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by A&S Conversions View Post

Scott
    [Starts slow clap]
    Scott
    Scott
    Scott
    Scott
    Scott

UZI Talk Supporter
    I still don't get how that AR fcg can be triggering a semi bolt.

A plastic semi half-Mac? I don’t get it. And I really don’t understand the appeal for SMG owners.

Quote Originally Posted by MACchat View Post
    A plastic semi half-Mac? I don’t get it. And I really don’t understand the appeal for SMG owners.
    Unfortunately I don't think you understand the significance of what it is then.

I'll have to fire up the printer soon and find an upper!

Quote Originally Posted by Deerhurst View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think you understand the significance of what it is then.

I'll have to fire up the printer soon and find an upper!
    You’re 100% correct, I don’t. Could you elaborate on its significance?

UZI Talk Life Member

The AR hammer hits the firing pin of the semi auto bolt.

Scott

UZI Talk Supporter
    You’re 100% correct, I don’t. Could you elaborate on its significance?
    Well for $20 of filament you can print a new gun that shoots your drums with an upper you already own. For me that's the appeal.

Uhhh, the hammer hits the firing pin?

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    I'm with you. Who wants a non select fire, big, heavy 9mm pistol. To each their own
    Chris Hipes
    Hipes Consulting Services LLC
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    poulan10takethisoutsoidonotgetmorespam@yahoo.com
    North Texas

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by chili17 View Post
    I'm with you. Who wants a non select fire, big, heavy 9mm pistol. To each their own
    There's a pretty good market, apparently.
    Several companies are making them, and some Uzitalk Members post threads about them. (Full Size and Mini Uzi, MPA, SIG, etc.
    Since the introduction of Braces, I'm seeing several types in LGSs.

UZI Talk Supporter

Now to find a vmac9 upper and bolt. Anybody got any spares?

Now to find a vmac9 upper and bolt. Anybody got any spares?
    Printed Suomi mag?

+ Reply to Thread