UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Max11/22 mk2 & Max 11k

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    149

    Max11/22 mk2 & Max 11k

    Hi, Iím curious to know if the Max11/22 mk2 will fit & work in the Max11sk/k upper or the stock upper? From what I can tell the barrel will just stick out of the end of the shorter 9MM barrel & I would be able to just shorten the length of the .22 barrel. Is this correct thinking? Has anyone had an experience with this?

    As always thanks and I appreciate your guys knowledge happy holidays

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    18
    Pretty sure that is how it works, but give Jackie a call and she will know for sure. Where in AZ are you?

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverJockey View Post
    Pretty sure that is how it works, but give Jackie a call and she will know for sure. Where in AZ are you?

    I’m up in Prescott. I called but they didn’t answer, I would assume closed for the holidays, not sure when they will be back in the office so I thought I’d see if any of you had experience with something similar

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    78
    I would think the stock upper and Max-Sk would not work because it needs a stock dimensioned bolt. The Max-11 mk2 that the kit was made for has a taller inside dimension to accommodate the bolt weight that is attached to the top of the bolt. The Max-11/22 kit would have to fill that extra space.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac11/9 View Post
    I would think the stock upper and Max-Sk would not work because it needs a stock dimensioned bolt. The Max-11 mk2 that the kit was made for has a taller inside dimension to accommodate the bolt weight that is attached to the top of the bolt. The Max-11/22 kit would have to fill that extra space.
    Oh man I didn’t even know that a bit of a buzzkill. I’ll have to see if I can find a picture comparing the two bolts
    Thanks for the info!

  6. #6
    UZI Talk Life Member
    m11stuff@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,035
    If you have a MAX-11/22 mk2, you can remove the top piece and it will run in an M-11/9 upper or MAX-11SK. If it is an original MAX-11/22 kit, it will only work with the MAX-11 MK2.
    Richard Lage
    Lage Manufacturing, L.L.C.
    www.max-11.com

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    78
    If you have the version that will work in the stock upper, that’s how I would use it. If you run the .22 kit in the Lage upper and ring the barrel, you will have to send it back to Lage and have it pressed out, and have the .22 barrel replaced. It might end your day unless you had other uppers you could use. I ran my .22 kit in a dedicated stock upper, and only ran 9mm through my Lage uppers. That way, if the .22 barrel got ringed, I could still shoot 9mm. I did get a ringed barrel once. It still functioned, so I didn’t know until it came time to remove the .22 kit from the 9mm upper.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by m11stuff@hotmail.com View Post
    If you have a MAX-11/22 mk2, you can remove the top piece and it will run in an M-11/9 upper or MAX-11SK. If it is an original MAX-11/22 kit, it will only work with the MAX-11 MK2.
    Thank you so much for the info! That answered my question perfectly, I appreciate it. I don’t have one yet but will be picking one up this weekend. Thanks everyone & happy holiday

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter.