UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ID .45 Carbine bbl...?

UZI Talk Life Member

ID .45 Carbine bbl...?

I got this .45 bbl a few years back. The seller knew nothing about it. Anyone care to hazard a guess as to who manuf it?
    It has no markings whatsoever. I assume that IMI/AA would at least have the caliber? Maybe there were exceptions?
    I know that Troy at BarrelXchange and Tony at Green Mountain always mark their bbls. I don't know many companies that made .45 bbls? Bushmaster made a ton of Uzi 9mm bbls for all three models but don't recall .45?
    Just curious...?
    Attached Images  
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do NOTHING!"
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

Iíve got a couple I got from D&D in Tucson with no markings. I canít recall who made their bbls.

Are you sure about bbl exchange and green mountain marking their barrels? Iíve got examples from both that I havenít seen markings on (no even ďUS MadeĒ).

UZI Talk Life Member
    Are you sure about bbl exchange and green mountain marking their barrels? I’ve got examples from both that I haven’t seen markings on (no even “US Made”).
    In my prior dealings with the owner, he told me that "every barrel goes out with our name on it" but that was a few years ago... Normally a very small stamped "GM" mark.
    I'd have to ask Troy if he quit marking his.

More importantly, I'd be curious to know if AA sent out any without markings? The guns usually had the last three of the serial and the replacement .45 ones I have seen all have had the caliber. Maybe Dave can weigh in...?
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

Quote Originally Posted by Jack007 View Post
    In my prior dealings with the owner, he told me that "every barrel goes out with our name on it" but that was a few years ago... Normally a very small stamped "GM" mark.
    I'd have to ask Troy if he quit marking his.

More importantly, I'd be curious to know if AA sent out any without markings? The guns usually had the last three of the serial and the replacement .45 ones I have seen all have had the caliber. Maybe Dave can weigh in...?
    I've had hundreds of barrels made for me by Green Mountain, zero have had any markings at all.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I've had hundreds of barrels made for me by Green Mountain
    You're probably "special". Us mere mortals normally only buy in twos and threes.
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

Quote Originally Posted by Jack007 View Post
    You're probably "special". Us mere mortals normally only buy in twos and threes.
    I just re-checked. I have 4x green mountain 9mm bbls (none are marked) the only uzi barrel I own with markings is my IMI original with the last three of it’s serial number. None of the 6 I have from D&D are marked either. The 4 I got from Barrel Exchange have nothing on them either.

Maybe it’s about when you got yours - my most recent was this summer and most the others are from pretty long ago.

UZI Talk Life Member
    All this talk about multiple barrels has left me feeling like a piker. I've only got TWO barrels for each of my Uzi SMGs. Of course, I probably only shoot my Uzis once or twice a year, if that. I can't imagine shooting one so much I shot out the barrel.
    Maybe I'll buy me a couple barrels or two? ;-)
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

I don’t have a lot of spares. I have enough to convert 4 pistols and carbines between 9mm and 45.

+ Reply to Thread