UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Semi auto Action Arms uzi carbine .45 acp issues

Semi auto Action Arms uzi carbine .45 acp issues

So i have a action arms model 45 uzi carbine, i have a 9mm conversion kit that it runs flawlessly with. However when i try to run it in 45 it will either have a failure to feed (round goes half way in chamber) and sometimes a light primer strike. The firing pin looks fine and im using an imi 16 round magazine. Any suggestions?

what happens when you change magazines? is your ammo standard ball?

Iíve 4x 45acp uzis (an IMI and a few us made) and they all run great with WWB ball ammo.

Yeah im using regular fmj rounds i only have one factory imi magazine , the other is a pro mag (pos). With the factory magazine it will fail to feed 1 out of the 16 rounds most of the time. With the pro it will jam after every shot. Hoping to maybe find another factory mag at a gun show everywhere online is sold out. In the meantime im gonna try a new recoil spring.

is your barrel locking in tightly? if the promag’s longer than the imi magazine, try the promag spring in the imi mag… when you say “regular fmj” what brand are you using?

I’ve seen the opposite (uzi runs great in 45 but meh in 9mm) a few times but never great in 9mm but weak in 45.

Quote Originally Posted by tonelar View Post
    is your barrel locking in tightly? if the promag’s longer than the imi magazine, try the promag spring in the imi mag… when you say “regular fmj” what brand are you using?

I’ve seen the opposite (uzi runs great in 45 but meh in 9mm) a few times but never great in 9mm but weak in 45.
    Ive ran pmc and winchester and federal ammo through it, and the promag is the 22 rounder i recently tried swapping the springs from that one to the imi factory magazine and it failed to fire Everytime. I put the original spring back in the imi mag and it fires , but throughout the 16 rounds in the mag it would jam about once or twice. Im hoping i can find another factory imi magazine soon even though they're super expensive. And yes i have the barrel as tight as i can get it.

+ Reply to Thread