UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IWI Webstore

IWI Webstore

Did IWI ever fix the problem with their 3rd party credit card vendor and folks getting their CC numbers stolen after purchases?

UZI Talk Life Member
    The sight is up & running so I would assume that they have made the necessary repairs.
    "Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

Thanks, but I was talking about after the fact. A lot of people, me included, successfully ordered items from IWI’s online store only to get notices from our credit card companies or banks that the card we used was compromised and fraudulent transactions made against our accounts many weeks later. I never suspected it was because of my IWI purchase until I came across a thread of many other folks who had this happen to them and we all used the IWI webstore. Someone from IWI acknowledged that this was an issue and related to their 3rd party finance company used to process transactions.

UZI Talk Life Member
    So I am assuming this has happened in the last couple of weeks? Because the store was closed down for "repairs" a few weeks back.
    "Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

Quote Originally Posted by boscoman View Post
    So I am assuming this has happened in the last couple of weeks? Because the store was closed down for "repairs" a few weeks back.
    My “issue” happened a couple months ago. Unless IWI officially gets the word out that their online store is safe, I’m not taking a chance. It’s a huge pain to have your CC compromised, dispute charges, and then wait for the bank to send you a new card. And then if you autopay on other accounts you have to update that. No thanks!

+ Reply to Thread