UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to change the .22lr extractor...

How to change the .22lr extractor...

Does anyone have instructions, w/pictures, on how to replace the extractor on a full auto UZI .22lr bolt? After 20 years the extractor on my Vector conversion bolt is not extracting. I do have a couple Tom Bowers replacement extractors to use. Thanks in advance.

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Wisconsin-Indonesia-Thailand & Live @ The Blue Note
    Spread the extractor slightly it will pop right off then re-install the same way make sure the dog ears are oriented into the correct slots
    Be polite,be courteous,be professional,but have a plan to kill everybody in the room
    UZI 22LR FA conversion kits out of stock

http://www.subgun-ordnance.com
    subgun-ordnance@sbcglobal.net

Quote Originally Posted by arch stanton View Post
    Spread the extractor slightly it will pop right off then re-install the same way make sure the dog ears are oriented into the correct slots
    Thank you, Arch. I guess I can't bitch as I got 20 years of plinking from the original extractor. I must admit that this conversion was completely drop-in-and-go. It has run perfectly from day one with no adjustments whatsoever. The kit performs perfectly with bulk packed, Wally-World, Federal sold point ammo.

Thank you, K2 for your information.

As an aside take a look at the following pictures of my Vector UZI .22lr bolt above a standard 9mm bolt. Notice the random lines and marks on the .22lr bolt where the finish has been removed. This is the outcome of using an ultrasonic cleaner on this aluminum bolt. Never, ever, use an ultrasonic cleaner on anything constructed of aluminum. You've been warned!

+ Reply to Thread