UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VM Hytech Mag Block

VM Hytech Mag Block

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, looks like the most traffic.

Is there much demand for this mag block now that so many ar15s have moved to glock mags?

Thinking of selling my mag block and Uzi mags, canít seem to find comparable sales

UZI Talk Life Member

I haven't seen one for sale in years. The last one that I recall was about $250, perhaps 4 years ago. I think that I got mine for about $150, but that was 10 years ago. No idea what they are going for now.

IIRC, I paid $165 plus shipping from Brownells back in 2008. And also, IIRC, the last one I saw for sale was on Gunbroker several years ago and it went for $375.
    Before the popularity of Glock (and other pistol) mag dedicated AR pattern lowers and magwell adapters, when the aftermarket began to make reliable, low cost Colt pattern 9mm mags (which have their own magwell adapters that were and still are lower cost than the VM HyTech unmodified Uzi mag adapter), interest in the HyTech product waned to the point that it was discontinued. I, personally, have no intention of ever selling my VM HyTech adapter even though I have a dedicated Glock mag lower as well as a Glock magwell adapter. I have two Uzis and around 40 Uzi mags; and enjoy being able to use the unmodified Uzi mags in a variety of guns.

Best of luck with your sale, if you proceed; alternatively, continue to enjoy your VM HyTech adapter and Uzi mags if you keep them.

MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondAmend View Post
    I, personally, have no intention of ever selling my VM HyTech adapter even though I have a dedicated Glock mag lower as well as a Glock magwell adapter...
    And that seems to be the attitude of most HyTech owners, myself included. There are now a number of other options. But the ability to just slap the adapter in and shoot with unmodified Uzi Mags has its appeal.

With how prices on all gun-related stuff is going up, it might be worthwhile to list on Gunbroker and see where it goes.

+ Reply to Thread