UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Will CF-W tungsten bolts be made again?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MACchat View Post
    True. Speaking of tungsten bolts and lost treasures, what ever happened to CoffeeFreak?
    Coffee had some family issues, wants his privacy, sold all his machine guns. He is still around but doesnít spend time on the forum.

UZI Talk Life Member
    For the people talking about CFW45 bolt, tom sent it to me for testing before I got divorced/sold my mac10. It was heavy as fuck. Like crazy heavy. I think most people would pick it up and not care about the super slow speed, forget the astronomic cost to have it made now.

3lb bolt makes it a 12lb gun. I think Sam and Tom had a solution for this if it can make it to production at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by TheColtCollector View Post
    Coffee had some family issues, wants his privacy, sold all his machine guns. He is still around but doesn’t spend time on the forum.
    I’m really sorry to hear that. And MedPhys?

UZI Talk Life Member

It was my understanding that the .45 bolt was almost 4 1/2 lbs.

Scott

I thought Tom was going to use a shortened 45 bolt with a longer stroke like the A bolt for the M10/45. You really donít need to get the gun to shoot at the grease gun rate. A shorter bolt would use less tungsten and keep the cost down.

UZI Talk Life Member

Tom and I talked about shortening the M10 bolt a couple of times. The ejector rod, in the bolt forward position, is very close to the end of the bolt. If the bolt is shortened then a spring loaded support for the ejector rod, would collapse into the bolt when the bolt hits the buffer. He thought that the added complexity of such a spring loaded ejector rod support would be added complications.

Scott

What about a standard bolt with tungsten weights inserted? I wonder what kind of rate of fire reduction you could get?

UZI Talk Supporter

Tungsten is sooo expensive. Since only added weight may do the trick, engine builders would use Mallory Heavy Metal. It's cheaper.

UZI Talk Supporter
    I don't know if the CFW-A bolts will ever be made again, but I'm selling mine now, so if you want one, here's an opportunity. If interested, send me a private message.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...827#post856827

UZI Talk Supporter
    The little tungsten weights for pinewood derby are quite affordable. I believe that is how early prototypes were made.
    Check out my Youtube channel

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MACchat View Post
    And MedPhys?
    Todd was last seen in a truck stop bathroom in Des Moines in the company of small, habitually maladroit, nihilistic, grotesquely costumed circus performers. We are still waiting on the final report from Brooks Bros.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
    Todd was last seen in a truck stop bathroom in Des Moines.
    I read about that in the news, closed the place down after that. Pic from the article.

I don't have a mac 10 but Im wondering if this idea would make more sense. It looks like it got put aside and forgotten. The concept in 45ACP would probably beat a $2000 dollar brick of tungsten.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...er-delay/page4

UZI Talk Life Member

Adding friction to an original firearm mechanism is problematic at best. To add a roller delayed blowback system, either a forward magwell well would need to be integrated or lots of custom very precise hardened parts would need to be made. I have found that custom parts are 10 to twenty times more expensive than OTS parts. The precision and hardening required for the roller delayed system would drive costs even higher. It seems to me that increasing the mass, increasing the stroke, and reducing the spring rate to just enough to strip, chamber, and fire the round would be best to reduce the ROF.

Scott

+ Reply to Thread