UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: Will CF-W tungsten bolts be made again?

UZI Talk Life Member

Mike it was great to see you are still on the site from time to time. I enjoyed reading the history of the CF-W bolt. I followed it during development and I have at least one of each of the various generations (I think). I talked with Tom a lot about the M10 bolts, but I guess you can't beat physics. I tried to talk him out of the proto type but I know that if you and Tom could not make it run, I had no chance of making it work. Glad to hear you wife beat the cancer. My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer right as the Covid shutdown started. Found out that a double mastectomy was considered "elective surgery" and we had to wait to schedule her surgery. The waiting was the stressful part. Fortunately they lifted the ban on elective surgery and she is now cancer free.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by nklf View Post
    Mike it was great to see you are still on the site from time to time. I enjoyed reading the history of the CF-W bolt. I followed it during development and I have at least one of each of the various generations (I think). I talked with Tom a lot about the M10 bolts, but I guess you can't beat physics. I tried to talk him out of the proto type but I know that if you and Tom could not make it run, I had no chance of making it work. Glad to hear you wife beat the cancer. My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer right as the Covid shutdown started. Found out that a double mastectomy was considered "elective surgery" and we had to wait to schedule her surgery. The waiting was the stressful part. Fortunately they lifted the ban on elective surgery and she is now cancer free.
    Very glad to hear that! Cancer sucks.

I have the full size cfw with engraving and a grey ghost for m11/9. I opted for the round charging handle if that matters. I also have a nib m11/9 and the last version of the cfw a bolt for it. I am on the waiting list for a second grey ghost for the nib.

I have the small magwell 380 and it runs like a Swiss watch. After the cfw bolt I debated whether or not to convert it to the large magwell for this. After shooting one I was sold. I instead bought a large magwell 380 and got the gen 2 bolt and had Sam build me a grey ghost. I loved his grey ghost so much I had him build me one for my m10/9 Uzi conversion. His uppers complete these guns. Welcome back Coffeefreak. Glad your wife is bettter now. Cancer does suck!

UZI Talk Life Member

I love the grey ghost for the M11/9 and M11A1 and the CF-W bolts. It's an amazing combination and I feel bad for those late to the game. So compact and controllable. I am very thankful for everyone that brought both to market.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFreak View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes and it's so great to see so many people I remember still here. I edited the above post with some interesting information and more information on things I remembered. It would be easy to add up how many CF-W bolts there are out there but I would be curious to know how many Grey Ghost uppers there are? How many Sam made after I stopped producing them and how many were made for baby macs? I think Sam is still producing them. It was an awesome upper, especially if you were looking for a compact suppressed platform with the gas kicker. I incorporated that in my uppers but you can thank AtTheRange for the original concept.

All the best, Mike
    I've got a baby ghost with an A bolt on a large magwell A1 right now. I've got a fat ghost too.

+ Reply to Thread