UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3D printed adapter to marry a M11/10smg lower to a belt fed Shrike upper????

3D printed adapter to marry a M11/10smg lower to a belt fed Shrike upper????

Take my money.

3D printed adapter to marry a M11smg lower to a belt fed Shrike 556 upper.

Anybody? Is there a patent pending for an adapter like this?

Daydreaming is great...

Is the recoil spring in the upper on those. I've fired one, but didn't pay attention.

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    since I have not seen one, I cannot tell you, but this sounds like EXACTLY what the Tenko does.
    Chris Hipes
    Hipes Consulting Services LLC
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    poulan10takethisoutsoidonotgetmorespam@yahoo.com
    North Texas

UZI Talk Life Member
    Scott at A&S has IP on his Tenko and he's far ahead in the line with his submission so he should be the first and only one out on the market with such a product. The ability to use AR-15/M-16 hardware like the Shrike and Tact Sol AM-180 uppers are the real advantage of the Tenko over the Lage uppers.

What's gonna be the price of the Tenko Adapter? Guess it will be the same for the M11's.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Tenko 3d printed model was actually approved by the ATF, but I think that was overturned. Either way he wasn't interested in selling it.
    Check out my Youtube channel

So, dumb question here, if someone was to want to make an adapter for a m10 with a ruger 10/22 upper, would it have to fire from a closed bolt, because that is how it was designed from factory? Or could a open bolt be fabricated for it? Just wondering.

It's an MG so.open bolt is OK.

There were 22lr.uppers that used 10/22 mags for the M10. You will not be able to use a 10/22 receiver as that would make a new MG. NFA laws are complicated, arbitrary and stupid.

UZI Talk Life Member

We actually made our prototype for the M10 Tenko 10-16 adapter with 3D printed plastic. We put over 5,000 rounds of use on it. We changed uppers after every Beta C dump or four 30 round magazines rotating through five different uppers. We have applied for and have continued to extend our provisional patent for the system. Until we get an approval and can go to market, we will not be going into detail as to how the adapter works. Here is my brother running his Shrike upper on a billet aluminum version:

https://youtu.be/zU5XkqnewFw

We have added some features to make it more difficult to get the aluminum version of the adapter to run without the M10 lower receiver. I think that we are close to having the design finalized and I hope to start testing soon.

A 3D plastic version would not get along with 200 belts of ammo. The front lug of the upper would get so hot that the front pin, to hold the upper onto the adapter, would melt. ETA the material that holds the front pin is what would melt.

Here is Sam at Practical Solutions running a .22lr upper:

https://youtu.be/CWZZKsKbxNw

There is plenty of information here about the Tenko if anyone is interested. If you have any questions, please let me know. ETA Tentative retail price was $2,995.

Scott
    Manager A&S Conversions L.L.C.
    Last edited by A&S Conversions; 01-14-2022 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Clarification

+ Reply to Thread