UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help needed with Mini Uzi

Help needed with Mini Uzi

Hi guys,

My name is Jack, originally from the Uk but been living in France for 20 years.
    I have recently brought a Mini Uzi to add to my Uzi collection, but itís kinda different and i need your help. It is a Semi auto closed bolt Mini Uzi made buy IWI for action arms Ltd in the USA in the late 80īs. From what i know, Action arms LTD closed in the early 90īs.

From what im told this Uzi was probably built for interior security purposes. What i donít understand is why they had it made with the charging handle on the side instead of on topÖ ? Can anyone help ?

Thanks a lot

Jack Name:  D1CE541B-2BDC-4C64-85B3-E7AC9634B5AB.jpeg
Views: 300
Size:  20.9 KB

UZI Talk Supporter
    Welcome!

Thanks sniperdoc ! ☺️

Since the red dot sight is mounted where the normal charging handle sits on top, I would think that's why the side charging handle is there. The newer versions of the UZI come with picatinny rail topcovers and utilize a left-side charging handle.

Thanks slimshady ! Thatís what i was thinking ! I just had IWI on the phone, they seem to think it was made for a gouvernement agency so they could mount a scope on it. There is a rubber seal where the original charging handle was. It has a picatiny rail on the side with a special mount for a red dot. Similar to an Ak ! I will let you guys know if I get anymore info ! Thanks for your help !

Iím going off memory - but I believe this variant is covered in Daveís book.

Quote Originally Posted by fortyfive1911a1 View Post
    I’m going off memory - but I believe this variant is covered in Dave’s book.
    Page 56, limited number made for IDF special forces so they could mount things on the top cover. Appears to have come out in the 90s though, and made a standard option in 2005 according to the book. May have been a retrofit sometime after original purchase?

French Collector,

Bienvenue to the forum.

What part of France are you from? Before Covid, I went over often to see friends in your country. I even visited a nice range in Tourine. This past Thanksgiving, I tought a young man from France the basic fundamentals of shooting here in Texas. He did very well!
    A+,
    Gumbochen

Quote Originally Posted by slimshady View Post
    Page 56, limited number made for IDF special forces so they could mount things on the top cover. Appears to have come out in the 90s though, and made a standard option in 2005 according to the book. May have been a retrofit sometime after original purchase?
    Thanks a lot slimshady !! The Uzi was definitely made as it was in Israel, it has a special mount on the side for a red dot to go on top. The owner before me changed that mount to a picatiny rail because he could not find a mount to fit the original Israeli one.. Now I just need to find out if it made it to the Us to action arms and came back to Europe or if it never made it. I donít see IWI stamping actions arms on the gun before shipping but I donít see how the gun got back from the US either..

If you have a photo of page 56 that would be great, or a link where I can order the book

Thank you so much !

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbochen View Post
    French Collector,

Bienvenue to the forum.

What part of France are you from? Before Covid, I went over often to see friends in your country. I even visited a nice range in Tourine. This past Thanksgiving, I tought a young man from France the basic fundamentals of shooting here in Texas. He did very well!
    A+,
    Gumbochen
    Merci Gumbochen !

Im from Brittany

Wow that’s nice ! I need to come visit the US sometime ! If your ever in Brittany let me know A+

As you can see on this picture, there is a picatiny rail where the old Israeli one use to be before it was removed by the previous owner. He told me that the previous rail was welded to the gun and was definitely an original rail and not a add on after production. Name:  0DB07D48-E69D-4A00-9CC3-E572DB70E6D8.jpeg
Views: 241
Size:  33.9 KB
    You can also see a home made mount attached to the red dot that the previous owner made.

I just spoke on the phone to the original seller in Europe, a gun shop from Luxembourg. I asked if the gun came back from the US or if it never made it… He did not want to give me any awnsers.. Hmm. That’s weird.

UZI Talk Supporter
    If your gun was ever imported into the US, it will have markings indicating such. (Action Arms, Philadelphia PA, if my memory is correct)

Quote Originally Posted by sniperdoc View Post
    If your gun was ever imported into the US, it will have markings indicating such. (Action Arms, Philadelphia PA, if my memory is correct)
    Thatís is exactly what is written on the gun ! How the heck did it get to Europe ?

I finally have an awnser guys ! Just had a call from Israel, the Uzi was built for IDF Special forces but was going to be imported by action arms for a gouvernement agency but then action arms closed. I was some left over stock in Israel that was brought by the European gun shop in 2015. The Action arms stamp was done in Israel. Thank you all for your help !

Jack

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Wisconsin-Indonesia-Thailand & Live @ The Blue Note
    Get a copy of Dave's book it is a great reference to have. http://www.uzitalk.com/reference/pages/uzibook.htm
    Be polite,be courteous,be professional,but have a plan to kill everybody in the room
    UZI 22LR FA conversion kits out of stock

http://www.subgun-ordnance.com
    subgun-ordnance@sbcglobal.net

Quote Originally Posted by arch stanton View Post
    Get a copy of Dave's book it is a great reference to have. http://www.uzitalk.com/reference/pages/uzibook.htm
    Thanks arch stanton ! ☺️

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrenchCollector View Post
    I finally have an awnser guys ! Just had a call from Israel, the Uzi was built for IDF Special forces but was going to be imported by action arms for a gouvernement agency but then action arms closed. I was some left over stock in Israel that was brought by the European gun shop in 2015. The Action arms stamp was done in Israel. Thank you all for your help !

Jack
    A lot of the guns destined for AA were left in Israel when they folded, already stamped for export. They just left the markings alone and sold them to whoever wanted them. All types, so not that unusual to find one that never was in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by slimshady View Post
    A lot of the guns destined for AA were left in Israel when they folded, already stamped for export. They just left the markings alone and sold them to whoever wanted them. All types, so not that unusual to find one that never was in the US.
    Great ! Thanks slimshady !

will the ones that went to EU have complete serial numbers on bolts and barrels?
    Last edited by tonelar; 01-22-2022 at 02:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread