UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mac11 Upper options

Mac11 Upper options

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm curious about the options available for a replacement upper for the Mac11 380.

I originally discovered the "MAX-11A1/380 mk2" upper from Lage and liked it so much I decided to plunk down the cash and go through the long process of getting my MAC11 380 SMG just so I could have something to stick the upper onto.

For me, it took over a year to get the paper work processed. It shouldn't have taken so long, but my local shop kept submitting wrong forms and forms missing signatures. But, anyways, as soon as it completed and I got my MAC, I went ahead and put my name on the waiting list for a "MAX-11A1/380 mk2" back in November.

But, I was just notified today that the "MAX-11A1/380 mk2" upper is being discontinued and that I'm out of luck.

I'm now considering one of the mag-forward models Lage still makes, but I would strongly prefer to stick with the original magazine in the grip setup if there's are other options out there for the 380.

So, basically, are there any other manufacturers that make a similar product for the 380? Or does anyone here know if there will maybe be a Mk3 version coming along and I should just be patient?

What I most like about the "MAX-11A1/380 mk2" is the longer front end to comfortably mount a front grip and the top rail for an optic or better sights and that it still holds the magazine in the grip.

One thing I know for sure is that after about 4 mags through the original top-cocker upper, it's terrible and I can clearly see why so many users swap it out.

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Runs4Now; 01-18-2022 at 11:19 PM.

Welcome! Congrats on the pickup. I wouldn’t give up on the A1 MK2 — they’re really nice, especially in 9mm.

Post WTB ad in the classifieds here. I’d be surprised if you didn’t find a seller in a month or so. Best of luck!

UZI Talk Supporter
    Welcome!

UZI Talk Supporter
    Baby ghost. Practical solutions. Just sold my MK2 max11/A1 last October for a loss. We could have been friends.

I knew it was going out of production and would become collectible; I should have held onto it.
    Check out my Youtube channel

Thanks for the head's up on the Baby Ghost. I went ahead and got on their wait-list, too.

I have a Max 11/a1 380 mk2 upper I bought and never used I might part with. Shoot me a PM and offer if interested

Fantastic news! PM sent!

I want to thank everyone on here who've chimed and help out. I'm a total newbie to the M11, but so far it's been great and the community around it has been awesome (Both here and at my local range!).

So, here's some updates on where I'm at:

1. Since confirming that I have the large MagWell lower on my 380, Jackie at Lage was able to hook me up with 1 of the 2 remaining NEW 9mm Mk2 uppers. (I also picked up the folding stock, sights, and grip, too.)

2. I placed my name on the "Baby Ghost" wait list because my new upper is going to convert the gun to 9mm and I still want to be able to run 380, too. (I know 9mm is way better, but I already have thousands of rounds of 380 that I inherited)

3. Sleepy has a full 380 Mk2 Upper available and another user reached out via PM with a barrel and bolt for sale as well. I've responded to both and we'll see if we can put something together on one or possibly both. (Being able to swap the lage between 9mm and 380 with a bolt and barrel swap vs just having the alternative caliber upper to swap in seconds - really comes down to the price delta we all settle on)

4. I've added my name to the "MAX-11A1/15" wait list, too. Sounds like it will be 2023, realistically.

But, everyone's been just awesome here and thanks for such a warm welcome!

UZI Talk Life Member
    Get with Practical Solutions and get on their list for the CFW-A bolt if they have one. The CFW-A bolt really makes shooting the baby MAC a pleasure.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by skoda View Post
    Get with Practical Solutions and get on their list for the CFW-A bolt if they have one. The CFW-A bolt really makes shooting the baby MAC a pleasure.
    Thanks for the head's up, Skoda. I'm now on that wait list too

UZI Talk Life Member
    Also get about four times the number of Z mags that you think that you will use. You will use more than you think and it's much better to load mags at home then at the range.

I'll give you some advice right now. The NFA world can be a fleeting thing... If you see something that you want, and is available, you better buy it. There's no telling how long it will be available, and it will only go up in price as time passes. If you want it, buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by rockman96 View Post
    I'll give you some advice right now. The NFA world can be a fleeting thing... If you see something that you want, and is available, you better buy it. There's no telling how long it will be available, and it will only go up in price as time passes. If you want it, buy it.
    No joke, you reach an age too where you go fuck it, I want it! MG/SMGs will only cost more, never less... if someone say it will cost less = they are a total fool.

That's great advice, Skoda. I just order a dozen more z-mags from lage!

+ Reply to Thread