UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Review of Holosun 407c X2 Reflex sight

UZI Talk Supporter

Review of Holosun 407c X2 Reflex sight

Big thanks to Jake for the recommendation.

https://youtu.be/wbP6vWbzAMA
    Check out my Youtube channel

UZI Talk Life Member

The Canik is a bit large for a CCW gun in 2022 but I know I have carried guns that big so it can be done. I transitioned to the Glock 19 from the Browning High Power in the 90s then to the Glock 26 and Glockish 26 about 6 years ago. When Micro 9s were born I transitioned to the Sig P365 for a short time then to the Taurus GX4. All of those guns have been carried in appendix holsters and all with Holosun optics. You really can carry most guns with optics and lights comfortably. Lights are more important then optics to me though. Its the length that makes them uncomfortable when sitting. Especially in a car. I am good with irons but there is a liability in not being able to identify your target in the dark. The trick is to have a good holster with a concealment claw and a good clip. I prefer DCC clips although Ulticlips are not bad. All my of holsters are set up the same. Why change what works. The concealment claw to twist the grip into your waist. The wedge makes it comfortable sitting and also make it lay flatter against your body and not print. I don't have a lot of body fat on me and wear a large shirt but I can even wear gym shorts and not print. I usually go up a pant size too when I carry and that is almost always.
    Name:  shirt.jpeg
Views: 68
Size:  98.9 KB

Name:  shirt2.jpeg
Views: 69
Size:  102.8 KB

Name:  wedge.jpeg
Views: 68
Size:  130.1 KB
    Last edited by CoffeeFreak; 06-29-2022 at 03:03 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member

Evolution of my appendix carry guns and rigs.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  173.4 KB

UZI Talk Life Member

Also, as far as a suppressor host goes the GX4 is the best, and most reliable suppressor host I own. Every pistol suppressor I have will run on it. This is six rounds of six different brands of 147 grain 9MM running through my Gemtech Multimount.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kM5...ew?usp=sharing

It's interesting that the GX4 with a 3/4" shorter barrel suppresses great. Very quiet and Cycles flawlessly. The Glock 26 never worked. Slide weight and barrel bearing points or something. Oh well, I wasted enough ammo trying to get it to work. I except I'm defeated due to a lack of ammunition and surrender on the 26.

The Glock 19 works well but with the heavier suppressors I have to use a lighter recoil spring.
    Last edited by CoffeeFreak; 06-22-2022 at 10:22 PM.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Coffee, you've gotten downright skinny since I last saw you! Inspiring me.

Taurus have really upped their game in my book. I love the TX22.
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

UZI Talk Life Member

It's actually the first Taurus I have ever bought. I inherited a couple revolvers 20 years ago but sold them, not really being into revolvers. I was pretty impressed with the GX4. The P365 was just too small for my large hands but the GX4 being the same size as the P365 with interchangeable back straps sold me. The biggest back strap makes it feel like a Glock 26 in my hand and the TORO version came optics ready for less then I was going to pay for a Zev Tech optics ready slide for my P365. The TX22 is a really popular gun, I may buy one day.

As far as my weight loss goes, about four years ago I lost a little over a hundred pounds. I have been in the company of some of the smartest people in the world studying things like lifespans and eating frequency, insulin resistance and autophagy. I know you are in the medical field Jake. The things we are discovering now will extend the lifespan of a human being 30 years. That's a healthy, productive 30 years. The problem is the world isn't ready for it yet and we have to make changes to certain things before your genome is permanently damaged, by your early to mid 30s. Too late for me but I was able to probably get another 10 years and heal a lot of problems. Unfortunately, imagine what would happen to the system if people just started living another 30 years? Things like social security? It was kind of a scam to begin with, collecting at 62 when the average lifespan of a working male was was 59 when it went before congress on 1935. Now people are already living into their 80s. Start studying the research of Dr. Jason Fung, Dr. Valter Longo, Dr. Yoshinori Ohsumi. It will lead you down a rabbit hole that will make you question everything the medical field has been saying for 40 years and probably make you look at other research. At almost 60 it was stuff I wish I knew 40 years ago.
    Last edited by CoffeeFreak; Yesterday at 11:42 AM.

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Yeah, it is crazy how money shapes health care, politics, etc. It was really eye opening to learn about the shenanigans with sugar and fat a few years ago.

I'll check out the folks you referenced.
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

+ Reply to Thread