UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Member Nick From San Diego

New Member Nick From San Diego

How much ammo does an ak-47 hold..
    Last edited by NathanDarke; 03-14-2022 at 06:09 AM.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Welcome! The AK is fed by detachable Magazines; the typical capacity is 30 rounds.

I spent some time in San Diego back in 1991 while in the Military.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarke View Post
    How much ammo does an ak-47 hold..
    To be clear, California has many firearms laws. I would suggest that you go to calguns.net to get the information you need for such a firearm in California. I sincerely wish to luck with your interest in an AK. 10 round detachable magazines are commercially available. As previously posted, standard capacity is 30 rounds, 40 rounds were made for the RPK model. There are also two styles of 75 round drums (top loading and back loading) and 100 round back loading drums. The AK-47 is in 7.62x39. The capacity of the mags I listed are for that caliber.

Scott

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    [QUOTE=NathanDarke;856917]How much ammo does an ak-47 hold..[/QUOTE

I am not ever sure how to respond to that question...

UZI Talk Supporter
    My ak doesn't hold any ammo i got the economy model with no hands.

Welcome to UT

A&S answered pretty good and complete .

Not sure what compliance laws kali has but they do have a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    My ak doesn't hold any ammo i got the economy model with no hands.

Welcome to UT

A&S answered pretty good and complete .

Not sure what compliance laws kali has but they do have a bunch.
    Well, technically it holds one round. In the chamber. So, an AK of any flavor holds 1 round. The magazine holds the rest.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deerhurst View Post
    Well, technically it holds one round. In the chamber. So, an AK of any flavor holds 1 round. The magazine holds the rest.
    If you want to be "technical " it is my understanding that California only allows 10 round detachable magazines. To use a magazine of a higher capacity a mag catch requiring a tool to remove (bullet button) is required. There were State limitations on magazine capacity. That was struck down for a brief time. There are specific tools for loading installed magazines. So if the magazine is mounted then the magazine that is attached would be the capacity of the rifle.

This is information from several years ago and could be outdated. Original Poster, as previously posted, I would check with calguns.net for current specifics.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by A&S Conversions View Post
    If you want to be "technical " it is my understanding that California only allows 10 round detachable magazines. To use a magazine of a higher capacity a mag catch requiring a tool to remove (bullet button) is required. There were State limitations on magazine capacity. That was struck down for a brief time. There are specific tools for loading installed magazines. So if the magazine is mounted then the magazine that is attached would be the capacity of the rifle.

This is information from several years ago and could be outdated. Original Poster, as previously posted, I would check with calguns.net for current specifics.

Scott
    That info is outdated busy basically true. There were recently a few other avenues for featureless and complying with illegal registries. I live near there and used to live in Califruitopia.

Still, magazine holds ammo. AK only holds one round. It's a completely functional system without magazine.

+ Reply to Thread