UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast

Thread: Bazooka brotherís mag adapter

I don't have an AM-180 drum or firearm or adapter to use one (and with the price of even .22 ammo being what it is I haven't even used the 50 round BDM drum that I have since 2019); but in any case, there's some info on tweaking and loading the AM-180 drums here:
    http://bazookabrothers.com/pages/technical+assistance/3.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondAmend View Post
    I don't have an AM-180 drum or firearm or adapter to use one (and with the price of even .22 ammo being what it is I haven't even used the 50 round BDM drum that I have since 2019); but in any case, there's some info on tweaking and loading the AM-180 drums here:
    http://bazookabrothers.com/pages/technical+assistance/3.
    Thanks for the link.

Some possible good news, 22 ammo (Federal AutoMatch 325 round box) have been in stock at my local Walmartís. Itís still a lot more than it was but itís a really good price for todayís market.

See attached screen shot.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Our Walmart.....Deleted the entire Gun section ,Ammo shelves ,cash register.
    Wiped clean like it never existed. This happened after the last major shortage/election.

UZI Talk Supporter
    A couple of weeks ago I got an email from Norma about TAC 22in stock and at about 8 cents per round with no shipping. Certainly no screaming bargain but I just keep buying and adding to the stockpile. I have some bricks I got at 3 cents/round, some at 5 cents/round, some at 8 cents/round. I refuse to buy any at 10 cents/round, although I frequently sell to lesser prepared individuals at that price. TAC 22 runs well in my Lage .22 kit so I picked up another 5 bricks. When the order was delivered there was a coupon code for 5% off on next order. I wasn't aware that Norma retailed direct.

UZI Talk Life Member
    MAK91 developed this Speed Loader for the American 180 Pan Mags (this is an early prototype). Its works great compared to E&L tray loader that cost $35.

All inquires should be directed to him (http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/member.php?5090-mak91)

Last edited by KickStand; 04-28-2022 at 07:16 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Nice tool but it shows that loading AM-180 mags is a tedious process no matter what. Unless someone can come up with a McFadden adaptor..........

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skoda View Post
    Nice tool but it shows that loading AM-180 mags is a tedious process no matter what. Unless someone can come up with a McFadden adaptor..........
    My finger wouldnít make it 165 rounds with a McFadden loader (or more depending on what American 180 mag youíre loading).
    I really like this option and I think itís extremely fast compared to the E&Lís loading tray.

MAK91ís next model will likely be faster than this one.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Agreed. The tray sure helped but it was still slow. This new device is MUCH better. I hope that Mak91 can get them out on the market. You have to keep in mind just how many more cartridges those magazines can hold. 275 rounds is a lot of 22 ammo. It's equal to eleven of the BX-25 mags.

I was joking about the McFadden. I think that it would be a mess to work the cartridge feed and rotate the magazine in the right sequence and rate.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Very cool. I will be interested in a final production.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
    Very cool. I will be interested in a final production.
    MAK91 has completed it.

PM him if you’re interested.
    I think the print time is 30 hours (for one) and he’s using a really good / costly filament.

I’ll upload a (better) video Monday of the final product.

I would be interested in one also.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Looking forward to video !!!

UZI Talk Life Member
    Mak91ís new model.
    The total print time will be approximately 30 hours for all the parts. I should have a video up tomorrow.

All inquiries should be directed to MAK91 @
    http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/member.php?5090-mak91

UZI Talk Life Member
    MAK91's American 180 (New model) Speed Loader Vs E&L loading tray.
    This is essentially the production model that Mak91 will be offering for sale.

GET ONE!

All inquiries should be directed to MAK91 @
    http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/member.php?5090-mak91
    Last edited by KickStand; 05-02-2022 at 08:12 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    This loader is kind'a similar to M60Joe's AM180 loader - I like that this tower has finger access to the rounds.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Nice effort!

UZI Talk Supporter

Big thanks to kickstand for posting these videos, pictures and his help in testing the loader. Here is what the final product looks like, it is slightly different from the model kickstand shows. I have narrowed the bullet hopper slightly and added a support bridge to the bullet channel. They will be printed with a polycarbonate blend filament. The complete loader takes almost 30 hours to print. In order to not derail kickstands topic any further I have created an "for sale" topic Here. If you have already contacted me about a loader there is no need for you to contact me again. I have your contact info and will contact you when I have your loader built. B.T.W. I uploaded my model to shapeways to see how much they would charge for the print, their cheapest option was $175
    Attached Images      
    Last edited by mak91; 05-03-2022 at 11:33 AM.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Very cool. Wish I could get a complete setup M11/nine adapter, Mag, winder & loader.

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfoxoutdoors View Post
    Very cool. Wish I could get a complete setup M11/nine adapter, Mag, winder & loader.
    I am working on this.

UZI Talk Life Member

I'm watching this with great interest.

I had a Lage .22 kit and never could get it to run properly despite having a dedicated upper, a trip to Lage, swapping of all kinds of parts and magazine and trying every .22LR cartridge currently available. I sold that upper to Kickstand (with full disclosure of course) but I still am hoping for another .22 kit.
    My name is actually Scott and I really do live in Texas.

I know, not very creative but it is factual.

By the way - Facebook is truly evil; resist the urge to participate.

+ Reply to Thread