UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 8 12 LastLast

Thread: Max-10/15s getting called / we know what number we are on?

Got my Max10/15 today.

Cant wait to run it! The trigger is dammed terrible with it. I assume due to the heavier spring.

Gonna have to buy stock in 223 now and find a KeyMo muzzle device for my can. Im very tempted to get a ridiculously tiny barrel, like 7.5", for it just to be a PITA.

UZI Talk Life Member
    With use, the trigger should get better. The bolt carrier is probably compressed against the rubber buffer when the sear is engaged. Try removing the rubber buffer and see if the trigger feels better. If it does, e-mail me and I will send you a free shorter buffer. Make sure you perform the function test in the manual before firing.
    Richard Lage
    Lage Manufacturing, L.L.C.
    www.max-11.com

Quote Originally Posted by m11stuff@hotmail.com View Post
    With use, the trigger should get better. The bolt carrier is probably compressed against the rubber buffer when the sear is engaged. Try removing the rubber buffer and see if the trigger feels better. If it does, e-mail me and I will send you a free shorter buffer. Make sure you perform the function test in the manual before firing.
    Will do! I will have to double check the function check in the manual. My sanity check everything looks good so far.

I'll pull the buffer and see if it feels any better before I shoot it. If it does I will shoot you an email.

Any reason to not put a roller cam in it?

Edit: did the function check in the manual. Seemed to work fine.

Removed the entire buffer assembly and the trigger felt normal. Put it back in and it takes almost everything I have to squeeze it. It's interfering on the buffer. Email inbound!
    Last edited by Deerhurst; 10-03-2022 at 12:23 AM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I never saw a need for it after 20,000 rounds of Beta testing with my personal test unit. There were also 3 other Beta units with high round counts.
    Richard Lage
    Lage Manufacturing, L.L.C.
    www.max-11.com

I’m experiencing a little up/down movement where the upper fits into the lower (towards the rear). Is this normal? Is there a need to shim it or take some other action?

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by skullsoldier View Post
    I’m experiencing a little up/down movement where the upper fits into the lower (towards the rear). Is this normal? Is there a need to shim it or take some other action?
    I have the same to tight I can't pull the trigger so for now I have a 1/16th or so of up down slop after adjusting the rear seat screws.

I did finally shoot it today.

150 rounds total
    30 rounds factory PMC BRONZE

And 120 rounds of ss109 reloads.

Gun ran 100% no hiccups or anything in stock config.
    Didn't shoot for accuracy did two mag dumps and short controlled bursts on the other 3 mags.

I didn't have to make any adjustments to the gas system and it dumped all the brass out @ 3 o clock about 15 degrees behind me and 8 foot out.
    Seems perfect.

I'll try it for accuracy when ever I get the time to see if that bit of up/down slop in the rear affects it any..then try it out with the can to see where or if there is a POI shift.

I'll be shooting the M10 a lot in the next few days and weeks.

Seems I have some problems with hunters/trespassers on our new land.
    Best way to deal with it is to make it undesirable to be there.
    Lots of FA fire and a old tractor running around the property make it pretty undesirable for hunting.

Anywho Mr. Lage ya knocked it out of the park with this upper.
    Really thinking of buying another M10 so I have a dedicated 556 setup.

Quote Originally Posted by m11stuff@hotmail.com View Post
    I never saw a need for it after 20,000 rounds of Beta testing with my personal test unit. There were also 3 other Beta units with high round counts.
    Good enough for me!

I'm really surprised how many decided not to purchase. My SN is much lower than I expected.

Root, trespassers suck. My folks get them from time to time on the ranch because the deer and elk know it's a safe place and the pond is usually full and people think it'll be a great spot to hunt until the dogs and the tractor find them which doesn't take long.

Skull, adjust the set screws at the rear of the upper. I'm going to add a little VC5 adjustable locktite to mine later. I need to do the same with my Max10/31. My 10/15 fits nice and tight. My M10 is a 1973 PS if that matters.

Sorry, the adjustable locktite is VC-3.

Trimmed my buffer to the spec Mr. Lage suggested. Seems like it's gonna work fine. I hate cutting rubber stuff on the lathe so it needed a little cleanup due to a taper but turned out pretty good all things considered.

Hopefully I'll get to test it this weekend!

I got the email today. I'm number 284. Let them know I have a JAWS M10 and they said it makes no difference on these.

Buddy and I ran a few 100 rounds through it today. It ran flawless. Recoil is very mild. Very happy!

I just ordered a 10/15 last night, number finally came up. I'm looking forward to making my M10 into a Light Machine Gun.

Got the email that last week asking if I was still interested.

I said Yes

Hoping to get the email this week to place the order!

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Got the email that last week asking if I was still interested.

I said Yes

Hoping to get the email this week to place the order!
    What number were you?
    ETA: nm... I saw your earlier post that you were in the low 300 range.
    Last edited by Fulliautomatix; 10-17-2022 at 04:23 PM.

Took mine to the range and it ran without a problem. Winchester and Tula ammo. I wonder if there is any way to slow the rate of fire. Only thing I can see is a bit weaker spring.

Quote Originally Posted by renovate7 View Post
    Took mine to the range and it ran without a problem. Winchester and Tula ammo. I wonder if there is any way to slow the rate of fire. Only thing I can see is a bit weaker spring.
    Use the adjustable gas block to adjust the gas.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Use a longer barrel. My Max-M11A1/15 upper with a 20 inch barrel, rifle length gas system, Odin works gas block +10 clicks and a .105" gas port runs in the mid 750 RPM. It is soft and gentle shooting.
    Last edited by strobro32; 10-17-2022 at 10:22 PM.

I dialed my gas block back to 8 clicks out. Manual shows 7 as the lowest they recommend. Will try 7, and even 6, next time out. I get the longer barrel etc. but for the time being just trying to run it as is. Any thoughts on a shorter or weaker spring?

UZI Talk Supporter
    Ran just over 700 rounds through the upper with the can on Saturday

Still hearing safe but not as quiet as a closed bolt

Used it to entice some young kids kids to do some manual labor I needed done on the farm.

No not like that .
    Let them waste ammo on Saturday and Sunday had them dig out and replace the a retaining wall on the garage

I need to break the can down when I get time and see what it looks like inside since they were blasting ammo as fast as they could load the mags..
    Thankfully the one kid is fresh out of basic so he knew not to do mag dumps .

We still ran it pretty hard though even with short strings.

Ran 100% not a single malfunction.

Pics of the can internals would be cool to see

Root, I was child labor on my parents ranch as a kid. It happens. I probably wasn't cheap child labor as I eat too much.

The can is probably pretty clean inside. I need to get an KeyMo brake for my upper so I can get a can on there.

+ Reply to Thread