UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HK91 / G3 22LR Mags and loader. A teazer of whats to (hopefully) come market.

UZI Talk Life Member

HK91 / G3 22LR Mags and loader. A teazer of whats to (hopefully) come to market.

Mak91 and I have been working on this project for some time. Naturally, Mak91 has done all the work.
    Here's a short teaser video I made, it includes photos as well as me testing his HK 22 mag. In an effort to show reliability, I tested the same mag 5 times in one take with no editing. If you have an HK 91 / G3 22 conversion, you know that their mags are extremely hard to find and if you find them on funbroker, you'll pay a small fortune for one. I've personally purchased Black Dogs hk91 / G3 conversion kit with extra magazines and Mak91's mags are far and I mean far superior. Plus, he's designed a lightnin grip adapter for these mags.

Hopefully, these will come to the market.

Direct 1080P link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1SIov4LsLs&t=17s

If you have any questions, they should be directed to Mak91 @
    http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/member.php?5090-mak91
    or his email is
    xyzprintedparts at gmail.com

THESE MAGS ARE STILL IN DEVELOPMENT; therefore, there's still a lot of things up in the air. I can answer some questions but anything regarding purchasing should be directed to MAK91.

Lastly, I'm sure this video would get more hits on a dedicated HK forum. Therefore, If anyone wants to cross-post the video that's fine as I'm only on Uzitalk.
    Last edited by KickStand; 05-13-2022 at 12:25 AM.

Nobody cross post until we get our hands on some

Just kidding. Good luck and thanks for the sneak peek. If you need an early adopter or tester I have two kits (long and short) and a sear along with the McFadden loader

https://youtu.be/ATMSeNNi_sw

Man this is cool.

Is there a time frame when these will be for sale and price point?

Whatís the hold up on selling them?

UZI Talk Supporter

I have multiple projects going on, this is kind of a detour, Kickstand asked me to look into making these mags because there were no other good working options other than the factory mags. Good things take time and 3d printers are slow.
    Last edited by mak91; 05-12-2022 at 06:53 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mwarnick1 View Post
    Nobody cross post until we get our hands on some

Just kidding. Good luck and thanks for the sneak peek. If you need an early adopter or tester I have two kits (long and short) and a sear along with the McFadden loader

https://youtu.be/ATMSeNNi_sw
    Lol, maybe someone might copy the link and post it on HKpro but weíve got a lot of work to still do.
    Thanks for the offer; however, by the time weíre done with these, Iíll have personally tested them with multiple HK 22 conversion kits, multiple HK91ís (hopefully a clone too) and with multiple registered Sears. Iím not saying that Mak91 wonít need a beta tester, Iím just saying theyíll have been through the ringer by the time Iím done with them.
    I like the video you made. Iím surprised how slow the rate of Fire was in full auto. I want a HK51 with a cut down 22 barrel liner too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    Man this is cool.

Is there a time frame when these will be for sale and price point?

Whatís the hold up on selling them?
    Mak91 has multiple projects heís working on and so do I. I can assure that weíre working extremely hard.
    As stated below, I asked Mak91 if heíd do me a favor and design these. He didnít have to (maybe he felt obligated to because Iíve help him with some other projects in the past, I hope thatís not the case). Nevertheless, Iím extremely thankful he did.

Iím doing everything I can to help him bring these to market that way he can get something out of doing this for me. I know heís spent hours upon hours with the design alone and that doesnít include the time heís spent talking with me and the dozen and dozens of redesigns.

Quote Originally Posted by mak91 View Post
    I have multiple projects going on, this is kind of a detour, Kickstand asked me to look into making these mags because there were no other good working options other than the factory mags. Good things take time and 3d printers are slow.
    Amen.

How many rounds do the mags hold?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Keep up the good work garrett
    Last edited by TheColtCollector; 05-13-2022 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Garrett

UZI Talk Life Member
    Sebastion,
    The mag that I'm using will likely be shorter than the one that (hopefully) ends up for sale. However, Mak91 will need to chime in.

With the current (shorter) mag, spring length, and follower, I can fit 23 or 25 rounds. I'll likely end up being able to fit 25 rounds in the short mag, maybe more. Again, there's still a lot at play.

TheColtCollector,
    Thanks. I Can't wait to try your Sear with Mak91's mag.

UZI Talk Supporter

The longer mag will hold some where in the 33 - 35 round range.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I’m in

Have fun with the project! It’s a fun one.

How long might the feed lips hold up in a printed mag?

The BD mag seemed to me to have two problems: a) the feed angle wasn’t as flat as the factory mag, and b) the spring tension seems a little too light (although BD denies this)

Are these two of the “fixes” you’d incorporated into the mag? Just curious on your thoughts

The 51 with a cut down kit is perfect. It’s a little strange cutting such an expensive kit. I used a higher quality pipe cutter on both the barrel and carrier.

UZI Talk Supporter

I used a factory mag to design the mag, no sense in trying to copy something that doesn't work. No idea as to the life of the feed lips yet but they are replaceable and they will be sold apart from the mags. So in theory a mag body should last a life time just replacing the feed lips as they wear out.

I used a factory mag to design the mag, no sense in trying to copy something that doesn't work. No idea as to the life of the feed lips yet but they are replaceable and they will be sold apart from the mags. So in theory a mag body should last a life time just replacing the feed lips as they wear out.
    Damn! That's beautiful. What do I need to do to bribe you to make some magazines like that to fit an HK MP5 equipped with an HK .22lr conversion kit? I've been begging for some of these MP5 magazines over on HKPro dot com for years to no avail.

that's great....I did something similar like that over 2 years ago to quickly and easily load my GSG STG-44 .22 mag, since McFadden doesn't make a STG adapter.

now I can hope that they would make one, but you know that old saying, "hope in one hand shit in the other and see which one fills up first" so I decided to make one for myself by taking their AR15 .22 adapter and heavily modified it to go onto STG .22 mag

Last edited by Uncle Billy; 05-13-2022 at 04:02 PM.

Wow!

That is awesome! If these come to market Iíll be in for 10 at least.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Something that’s being looked into.......... also makes a good display stand.

Last edited by KickStand; 05-22-2022 at 09:48 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Looks slick

Awesome.
    Canít wait to see the drum working.
    Whatís the status on the American 180 mags?

The stick mags look like they are finished.

UZI Talk Supporter

All the mags are in the test - tweak - retest phase.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Yesterday, I had the opportunity to test some of Mak91 (short) mags in (K2ís) a form members registered HK91/G3. The testing was short lived but we gained some valuable knowledge:
    1. Weíve found out the best mag and feedlip height. (Clones, might need different height).
    2. The springs will keep up with full auto fire. Shorter springs will be tested.
    3. Winchester M-22 works great in full auto, Federal bulk pack (old Walmart) ammo works good in full auto and Remington Thunderbolts did NOT work well in full auto. More testing will need to be done with different hammer springs for weaker powered ammo. More manufacturers 22 ammo will need to be tested.

Big thanks to K2 for letting me use his registered receiver HK. Future testing will be done with TheColtCollector (sear).

Short video below.
    Last edited by KickStand; 06-14-2022 at 04:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread