UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uzi .22 cal conversion kit ID and price

Uzi .22 cal conversion kit ID and price

I have a .22 caliber conversion kit for my full size UZI that I've had for a long time but can't identify it because there are no markings on it . I took it out today and it ran like a top surprisingly enough . How do I ID it and how much is it worth ? I checked in the library and it may be a Group kit as it has an aluminum bolt but I'm not sure.

Thanks--

Hi,

Need pictures of the bolt (top & bottom) and the barrel (overall and details of the feed ramp area). Photos of the magazines also (feed lips and overall).

Enjoy,

K2

I'm not sure how to post pics but can send them to you .

Thanks

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by panhead5 View Post
    I'm not sure how to post pics but can send them to you .

Thanks
    Instructions here.
    Looking for the definitive reference book on UZI history and technical information? Check out my book The UZI Submachine Gun Examined. Details to order a copy are here.

Well -I found one on line and it's definitely a Group Industries one which I actually thought it was . What is it worth ? You don't se these for sale often .

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Wisconsin-Indonesia-Thailand & Live @ The Blue Note
    Well -I found one on line and it's definitely a Group Industries one which I actually thought it was . What is it worth ? You don't se these for sale often .
    Not any more money than the kits I sell. If you have metal body mags that's the value
    Be polite,be courteous,be professional,but have a plan to kill everybody in the room
    UZI 22LR FA conversion kits out of stock

http://www.subgun-ordnance.com
    subgun-ordnance@sbcglobal.net

Only difference is this kit is in stock with 4 metal mags LOL !

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    I will have barrel blanks soon this will probably the last batch of kits ever made.
    Be polite,be courteous,be professional,but have a plan to kill everybody in the room

Quote Originally Posted by arch stanton View Post
    Not any more money than the kits I sell. If you have metal body mags that's the value
    Well that's not remotely accurate. The FA kits that actually run sell on GB for 2-3x what you retail your kits for. For example - https://www.gunbroker.com/item/927450754

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b_saan View Post
    Well that's not remotely accurate. The FA kits that actually run sell on GB for 2-3x what you retail your kits for. For example - https://www.gunbroker.com/item/927450754
    That is accurate. The kit you linked is brand new you don't have a clue if it works. My kits work as long as the host gun is not out of alignment. That auction is a fluke. My kits have been out of stock for 18 months. Do your home work not sure why your taking a poke at me.
    Last edited by arch stanton; 05-24-2022 at 08:37 PM.

That is accurate. The kit you linked is brand new who you dont have a clue if it works. My kits work as long as the host gun is not out of alignment. That auction is a fluke. My kits have been out of stock for 18 months. Do your home work not sure why your taking a poke at me.
    I agree with Arch 100%. A single data point is not a trend - Statistics 101.

MHO, YMMV, etc.

Administrator
    That is accurate. The kit you linked is brand new who you dont have a clue if it works. My kits work as long as the host gun is not out of alignment. That auction is a fluke. My kits have been out of stock for 18 months. Do your home work not sure why your taking a poke at me.
    What you say is generally true for any of the full-auto conversion kits - they usually work pretty well as long as the gun is in alignment. Alignment is always the main problem, regardless of what brand the kit is. The kit linked above is higher than the rest, probably because it's listed as new and the extra magazines, but a search on all the kits sold show prices in the 2x-3x range, as stated by b_saan. Even the Action Arms kit for the semi-auto UZI (which is the lowest quality conversion kit ever made), sold well above the price you were selling kits for. That's just what people are paying these days. I'm not sure why you're offended by that. It's not a statement about your kits.
    Looking for the definitive reference book on UZI history and technical information? Check out my book The UZI Submachine Gun Examined. Details to order a copy are here.

Quote Originally Posted by RoverDave View Post
    What you say is generally true for any of the full-auto conversion kits - they usually work pretty well as long as the gun is in alignment. Alignment is always the main problem, regardless of what brand the kit is. The kit linked above is higher than the rest, probably because it's listed as new and the extra magazines, but a search on all the kits sold show prices in the 2x-3x range, as stated by b_saan. Even the Action Arms kit for the semi-auto UZI (which is the lowest quality conversion kit ever made), sold well above the price you were selling kits for. That's just what people are paying these days. I'm not sure why you're offended by that. It's not a statement about your kits.
    Wow - I wasn't aware that Uzi .22 conversions were all going that high. I knew that the MAC .22 conversions are now high priced, but they've always been more scarce.

MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverDave View Post
    The way I took it " The kits that actually run" seems to me he was talking about my kits not working. Maybe I was mistaken but I doubt it. I found two completed auctions for two FA kits and yes they sold for way more than current retail. That's not enough for me to say thats the current value not enough auctions to me those may have been guys that had to have a kit. Maybe the Group and Vector kits have some collectability. The metal body mags get around $75-100 each.
    Last edited by arch stanton; 05-24-2022 at 08:46 PM.

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondAmend View Post
    Wow - I wasn't aware that Uzi .22 conversions were all going that high. I knew that the MAC .22 conversions are now high priced, but they've always been more scarce.

MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

The semi kits have been selling for good money for a few years. Nobody makes one and there always seems to be a few on gun broker for sale.

I for one will be ordering one of your .22lr UZI kits when you have them for sale again Arch.

Quote Originally Posted by booger hooker View Post
    I for one will be ordering one of your .22lr UZI kits when you have them for sale again Arch.
    Likewise; and if you offer a threaded 8 5/8" barrel option, I'll get that to use with a silencer as is the case for 9mm.

Still got it? I would be interested.

+ Reply to Thread