$vboptions[bbtitle]
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dead Air- First Experience Not Good So Far

UZI Talk Life Member

Dead Air- First Experience Not Good So Far

Hello All:
    I only use Suppressors on Short Barrel Rifles and SubGuns so I only
    use Fixed Mounts.
    I saw a video about the Odessa on the Deadair site and the last 3rd of it shows it on a carbine.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i2tWUAAmcM

I order one from my wholesaler but he doesnt carry the 1/2x28 and the 13.5x1LH is backordered. I order the suppressor thinking i will pay full price thru Deadair and I am up the creek. Here is the response i received from DeadAir

Haris,
    Thanks for reaching out. We are unfortunately out of these parts as well. We don't recommend the Odessa for use on carbines as it is developed specifically for handguns; The Wolfman is our carbine / rifle / subgun suppressor and will offer much better performance on said platforms.
    We currently only do sales through distribution, so that will be the best place to source these when they do become available. --
    Thank you,

I dont want the Wolfman since the Odessa is narrower in diameter so I can get it inside more handguards

Anyone here give me advice?
    Is the Wolfman a quieter Can?
    why is Deadair not recommending Odessa when its in their video?

I am annoyed at the lack of service

Thanks for any input

Haris1
    Any One Who Thinks The Pen is Mightier Than The Sword
    Obviously Never Encountered Automatic Weapons
    General Douglas MacArthur

Crazy, 2nd post today I've seen about Odessa issues.
    https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/th...ssa-9.2804405/

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Bet the baffle stack was just optimized for handguns and the performance level in carbines is not what they want. If its fine on a handgun then will be safe on a PCC
    Chris Hipes
    Hipes Consulting Services LLC
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    poulan10takethisoutsoidonotgetmorespam@yahoo.com
    North Texas

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by chili17 View Post
    Bet the baffle stack was just optimized for handguns and the performance level in carbines is not what they want. If its fine on a handgun then will be safe on a PCC
    Chris- In your opinion If I want to hold out for the smaller diameter one, would i be making a mistake? I dont think so
    Any One Who Thinks The Pen is Mightier Than The Sword
    Obviously Never Encountered Automatic Weapons
    General Douglas MacArthur

UZI Talk Supporter
    Can you please explain the difference in Pistol vs PCC Baffle Stacks?

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Wisconsin-Indonesia-Thailand & Live @ The Blue Note
    This

The company is telling you what to use why are you thinking they have a lack of service? I suggest you look for another can for your setup they stated the reason why you shouldn't use it
    Be polite,be courteous,be professional,but have a plan to kill everybody in the room
    UZI 22LR FA conversion kits out of stock

http://www.subgun-ordnance.com
    subgun-ordnance@sbcglobal.net

Quote Originally Posted by Haris1 View Post
    Chris- In your opinion If I want to hold out for the smaller diameter one, would i be making a mistake? I dont think so
    how small of a diameter are you trying to get too ?? the odessa is like 1 inch, there are several PCC cans that are 1.35 that rock...I personally would look at the Omega 9K or the YHM R9 both of those are indestructable on basically anything I have them on subguns with 20 K++ rounds each ....the Wolfman is HUGE and heavy, so are most other 9mm cans in that range for PCC unless you go cheap ( which I wouldn't ) .

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperdoc View Post
    Can you please explain the difference in Pistol vs PCC Baffle Stacks?
    Their are a lot of factors and I do not know what the goal that they had in mind was. Being very general, number of baffles, spacing, OD and length.
    Chris Hipes
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    North Texas

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haris1 View Post
    You want what you want! I get it . I'm sure it will sound fine its just not what DA had in mind when they designed it. The trend for awhile now seems to be towards smaller, louder suppressors. While we do have a couple and they are cool looking, they are not my cup of tea. If I'm going to shoot suppressed I like it to be quiet as in no ears, indoor range quiet. Trends come and go with suppressors like everything else.
    Chris Hipes
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    North Texas

UZI Talk Supporter
    Their are a lot of factors and I do not know what the goal that they had in mind was. Being very general, number of baffles, spacing, OD and length.
    Thank you

You want what you want! I get it . I'm sure it will sound fine its just not what DA had in mind when they designed it. The trend for awhile now seems to be towards smaller, louder suppressors. While we do have a couple and they are cool looking, they are not my cup of tea. If I'm going to shoot suppressed I like it to be quiet as in no ears, indoor range quiet. Trends come and go with suppressors like everything else.
    not really a trend, just people realized 95% of the time they are at a range where others are firing unsuppressed, so the cool look wins over the sound, which doesn't matter at that time
    the shorter Omega 9K and the YHM R9 put up some fabulous numbers compared to having the competitions 8 inch long donky d!ck hanging off the end of your PCC or 16 inch barrel carbine....unlike pleasing a woman that extra inch doesn't matter, shorter wins in cool....LOL

+ Reply to Thread