UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UZI price?

UZI price?

What is a good price for a UZI 9mm carbine. Made by Israel Military Industries. S/n 05xxx new in box.

I’d guesstimate between $1500-2000 retail. Maybe more on gunbroker.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Just looking at completed GunBroker auctions, anywhere from $1700 - $2500. Average is about $2100.

ETA: NIB with original accessories is going to bring more.

FWIW,
    I just saw some IMI open bolt semi-autos for sale in Czech Republic for $520.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbochen View Post
    FWIW,
    I just saw some IMI open bolt semi-autos for sale in Czech Republic for $520.
    some of the experts on here said there is no such thing as an IMI made open bolt semi auto Uzi when I questioned why one would not be legal in the US, including if made from a drmikked receiver, as long as it was made before the July 1982 RPB Court ruling

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by timgunfreak View Post
    some of the experts on here said there is no such thing as an IMI made open bolt semi auto Uzi
    Yes, that's true in the United States. IMI sold different configurations in other parts of the world where they have different laws. Some places got semi autos with 10" barrels because the country didn't restrict short barreled rifles. Some places got semi autos with open bolts because there were no restriction on it in their country. In the United States, it was restricted to closed bolts for the semi autos.
    Looking for the definitive reference book on UZI history and technical information? Check out my book The UZI Submachine Gun Examined. Details to order a copy are here.

Just to clarify. These were 10” barrel original military SMGs. I don’t know in which country they were modified, but I suspect, most likely in the Czech Republic.

+ Reply to Thread