UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Source for bayonet / sling?

Source for bayonet / sling?

Just picked up my first AK-47 (Palmetto State Gen 4) and was wondering if anyone can suggest a good place to get a surplus bayonet and sling for it? I have heard mixed reviews on the Palmetto AK's but they seem to have worked the bugs out of them with the Gen 4 series (forged trunnion / bolt / carrier).

Also, even though I know polymer mags are reliable can anyone recommend the best deal for some surplus AK mags that are steel? Seems to be every country under the sun out there made them but don't know if some or better than others. There are also modern steel mags like KCI and promag.

Thanks for any suggestions or info.
    Last edited by gdk771; 06-06-2022 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gdk771 View Post
    Just picked up my first AK-47 (Palmetto State Gen 4) and was wondering if anyone can suggest a good place to get a surplus bayonet and sling for it? I have heard mixed reviews on the Palmetto AK's but they seem to have worked the bugs out of them with the Gen 4 series (forged trunnion / bolt / carrier).

Thanks for any suggestions or info.
    I suspect you can find what you seek in one of the AK categories on the AK Gun Parts web site.
    https://www.apexgunparts.com/rifles/...list_limit=all

We also have categories for bayonets and slings:
    https://www.apexgunparts.com/more/su...list_limit=all

https://www.apexgunparts.com/more/su...list_limit=all

Richard

UZI Talk Supporter
    Unless you are looking for some very specific bayonet or sling, a quick internet search will get you both for sub-$50. I'm partial to Chinese Mags, but that's probably because I'm an old fart. Any mag that provides 100% function in your gun is what you want (ie, pretty much any mag made in a country that issued the mag for military service.)

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think Palmetto made this AK with a hodgepodge of various features from different sources. Good to know surplus stuff is still out there for these.

Might be hard to come by but I really like the Bulgarian (Circle 10) and Russian Bakelite bayonets. You might need to pay around $100+ for them and keep an eye out for surplus sellers online but I've definitely seen them in different places online over the years.

+ Reply to Thread