UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: removing slop

removing slop

hey guys,

anyone have any tips for removing slop? specifically between lage uppers and m11/9 lower.

I used a little acraglas gel with black dye to fit my max 31 upper. I am a bit hesitant to do that with the Max 15 upper though due to its value. Thinking of using small stainless shims at the front where pin goes through.

The acraglas worked extremely well though, rock solid fit between upper and lower, downside is it sort of dedicates the upper to one lower. If you go this route, apply paste wax as a release agent to lower and takedown pin, put a thin coat of epoxy on upper at front pin lug and rear interface, fit together and let cure.
    Last edited by Roklok; 06-10-2022 at 12:12 PM. Reason: details

Left to right slop? There Lage uppers are designed for the reinforced lowers with tabs. My old PS lacks those so I made aluminum shims for mine. It's not AR tight but much better. PITA to deal with for install though!

UZI Talk Supporter
    I use metal tape like emi or heat shielding used on cars.
    Works great can be layered and has not come loose even after cleaning.
    I put it on upper front and back for a solid fit.
    FFL/C&R

these are all great ideas. thanks guys. iíve got reenforced tabs, but there still is a tiny bit of slop, which offends my OCD. iíll look into the tape, as that seems like a good place to start.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I use lightweight cardboard for my 31c. The thin cardboard used when you buy a pack of sandpaper.

I find that a layer on each side at the lower rear where the upper slides into the receiver takes out all slop.

I cut the cardboard to shape and after a few versions I have it down almost to a science. Easier to set up once you have a little practice.

May not apply, but had am AR lower getting loose with Razorbach upper , mixed up some JB weld and filled in worn hole areas, then coated the retaining pins with chapstick, inserted pins with upper lower attached, wiped smooth any jb weld on the outside, let dry for 24 hours, slide pins out the next day, rock solid, did that about 3 years ago, still tight today

+ Reply to Thread