UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Value of vector uzi drum

UZI Talk Life Member

Value of vector uzi drum

I have a vector uzi 72 round drum that is just collecting dust. What are these drums worth if I decided to sell?

Thanks.

I would say under $360 since you can buy a 100-round Beta drum here.
    https://store.avguns.com/magazines-d...drum-magazine/

I've no personal experience with the Beta drum for the Uzi, and one reason why is that the reliability of operation reputation for the Beta drum in the Uzi has historically not been stellar. Do a search for specifics. In addition, the Beta drum is considered awkward, and is generally considered to require graphite lube with each use. As a result, the Vector and C&S drums, while lower round capacity, generally sell for more than Beta drums. Were I to put my Vector drum up for sale, I would not sell for less than $400 at today's "Brandonomics" pricing.
    You could also try to do a Gunbroker search of past sales.
    Best of luck.
    MHO, YMMV, etc.

There is a Vector drum currently listed on Sturmgewehr.com for $650. Discussed this with another board member. He hadn't seen a Vector under $500 in well over a year. There's a "Brand X" Uzi drum currently on GB for $445. "You pays your money and you takes your chance" on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeranger View Post
    There is a Vector drum currently listed on Sturmgewehr.com for $650. Discussed this with another board member. He hadn't seen a Vector under $500 in well over a year. There's a "Brand X" Uzi drum currently on GB for $445. "You pays your money and you takes your chance" on that one.
    The one on gunbroker doesn't appear to be finished. It looks like the seller (presumably) welded on an uzi mag tower and maybe converted the tower to single feed. It does come with 5 suomi drums in addition to the unfinished project.

No idea what they’re worth today. I wish I would have bought one (or a few) wen Vector was selling them for $169? $189? Something like that.

I agree the Uzi Beta Mag is extra bulky, but the two I have run well. I have a converted Suomi drum for the M11/9, and although nearly as large as a Beta, the bulk isn’t nearly as noticeable. I never had a chance to shoot a Vector drum, but by all accounts they were reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by pjm204 View Post
    The one on gunbroker doesn't appear to be finished. It looks like the seller (presumably) welded on an uzi mag tower and maybe converted the tower to single feed.
    yeah, that's how all SUOMI or PPSH 41 drums that were convert to go into different 9mm guns all are.

the HK MP5 and UZI drum had a cut down MP5/UZI mag that had a spacer in the feed tower to make them single stack and welded onto the drum. that is all there is to them, there ain't no more.

if I had a UZI I would have a converted a SUOMI drum, when they were selling for 20 dollars, then cut down a UZI mag to make one, rather then buying a BETA drum

it how I made my MP5 and PPS-43 drums
    Last edited by Uncle Billy; 06-18-2022 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeranger View Post
    There's a "Brand X" Uzi drum currently on GB for $445. "You pays your money and you takes your chance" on that one.

yep, that's why when I posted a for sale ad to sell my PPS-43 drums, in 7.62x25 and 9mm, I posted a video of me firing it to show that you aren't buying a "pig in a poke" that it works 100 percent without any doubts
    Last edited by Uncle Billy; 06-18-2022 at 11:35 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member

Thanks for the input. I am going to hold onto it.

The one on Sturmgewehr sold, presumably for the $650 asking price

I've sold them for anywhere between $450 and $1200 on GB with .01 opening bids. YMMV but the best time to sell them was about a year and a half ago, there were 3 or 4 people competing to buy up any Uzi or MP5 C&S drum on GB, 1 of my MP5 drums sold for over $1500.

+ Reply to Thread