UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vz26 mags in M10 9mm

Vz26 mags in M10 9mm

I just learned that vz26 mags will run halfway decent in a 9mm M10 with a new notch for the mag catch.

Does anyone have pics and or a measurement for where the notch goes, and are the mags single or double feed?

Thanks and I hope everyone's havin a great holiday weekend.

UZI Talk Supporter
    The ones with my parts kit are double feed.

No idea where to notch them i only have the 10/31 Lage upper for 9mm it takes single feed.
    Did make me look at the cz26 magz though to see if i could weld a tab on the back for the 10/31 but nope Lage is a single feed.
    Not a problem though.

Are cz26 mags still cheap? Kits with 5 mags & pouch used to be 79 bux + shipping. No idea what they run now.
    One day ill find a use for those mags.

I have a 10/31 also and plenty of Shockwave tabbed mags.
    I just thought this was interesting.
    Vz26 7.62 Tokarev mags, not Cz26- I'm not sure if they're the same thing?
    The front to back width supposedly fits the .45 mag well fine without an adapter, but there's a bit of play side to side.
    I just read this on another forum and there are a few old threads here on UT discussing this but no specifics about where approximately the new notch should be cut.
    Numrich has mags right now $7.95 used/$9.95 new.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Ahh OK

if I had a use for those mags at that price I'd pick some up.

if the mag it's self fits & the x25 tok fits the mag 9mm will fit fine most guys are building those pps43 kits into 9mm with no changes. just need to get the fees angle and height right if it fits the mag well.

I've had real good success in the past with fitting mags to other guns be it mil guns or hunting stuff or mil mags in hunting guns always looks goofy.
    Like the FAL mag in a mossberg patriot 22-250

there are a whole pile of mags I've converted over the years for other guns. Most recent were the galil mags to the zastava85 even did a few of the 50 rounders.

Never had any luck with the grip insert conversion 9mm om my M10 45 so I sold the whole pile back in the day.
    Picked up the 10/31 when Lage released them.

All I can say is get a few mags a few dummy rounds and play with it till it works or toss it in the river when it doesn't.
    Only real way to find out.

That's what I'm thinking.

I may get one and lay it side by side with a grease gun mag and put the new notch in the same place.
    I can borrow a factory 9mm upper and see if it runs.

UZI Talk Supporter
    https://www.apexgunparts.com/czech-s...O21jzdZL5Xo%3D

Kits are on sale for 50 bux with 5 mags.

So it's a better deal then numrich since the stock is adaptable to other stuff also .

Bowman has 12 for $100.

https://vimeo.com/726738934

So if the VZ26 mags will work in a Mac-10/9 couldn’t they also work in a Walter MPK/L with similar modifications to the mag like with the Mac…or does it need to be the VZ25 mag instead?

UZI Talk Life Member

So why has no one talked about a M10 upper in 7.62x25? If the mags will fit in the M10 lower, why wouldn't the Tokarev round run with a 9mm bolt anda .45 spring? Typically, the 85 grain bullet like with the 5.7, has a bullet that is light and fast so dwell time is low. Anyone done it?

Scott

UZI Talk Supporter
    If they are double feed this seems like a red herring.
    Check out my Youtube channel

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    If they are double feed this seems like a red herring.
    Why, two of my M10s have Uzi grips and they are double feed?

Scott

UZI Talk Supporter
    Only need a double feed bolt for double feed mags.

I got rid of my grip insert 9mm conversion cause it kept bending down the feed ramp about 1/2 way through a mag.
    Could have fixed it but I bought a M10 in 45 AARP and that was what I wanted anyways for a OEM upper gun.

Someone did do a run of 7.62x25 barrels at one time when the spam cans were like 20 bux or something.
    Now unless you reload it's just not worth the price of ammo.

I could probably do a barrel if I wanted probably 4 of them since I have the chamber reamer and two 20 inch 30 cal blanks.

But I won't I already have one home built x25 upper for a AR15 and a pps43.

VZ26 mags with a notch cut will run fairly well in my M10 Powder Springs 45. I'd think the Vz26 mags are a tad long (front - to- back) to fit in a 9mm mag well but fit good in a 45. I don't have a true 9mm gun just the 45 with adapter for when I use 9mm.. I have run my Vz2 mags in the M10, I just copied the notch location for the modified M3 greese-gun mags holding them side by side with the Czech mags. Took just a few minutes - runs good but the mag can wobble side-to-side as its narrower than a M3 grease gun mag but if you hold it strait they work well enough. They are great mags for the money. Some cotton balls will keep it from wobbling if you care.

The Vz23, Vz25 mags made for the Czech 9mm (instead of 7.62x25) should work well, they fit my M10 45 with conversion adapter for 8mm perfectly. These were like $8 at Sarco before they sold out.

I posted a thread on the conversions some time back.http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...fy-for-M10-9mm

Thanks for the info.
    I'm gonna scrounge up a vz26 mag and 9mm upper with a double feed bolt and try it out.

+ Reply to Thread