$vboptions[bbtitle]
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coastal 9mm MIMS soooooo quiet

Coastal 9mm MIMS soooooo quiet

Was dumping a few dozen rounds of .380 at a buddy's range last wkd. .380acp was so quiet, you could hear the lead hit the backdrop. At 70 yds, it was quite impressive to hear the last 10 or so rounds splatter in the red clay.

Coastal MIMS. It's pretty damn quiet with 9mm. With .380, it's scary. I wanna strap it to a closed-bolt gun to hear the effect without the bolt slamming home.

Anyway, I am impressed with the Coastal. It's not quiet "for the price;" It's quiet in spite of it.

My tripod should be here this week from Jeff Bezos. Next trip I will take videos, and will also have a Real-Time analyzer with SPL meter on the table to measure 9mm vs 380 characteristics.

I bought a Coastal MIMS in .45 for my Uzi in 2006. Very happy with it. I got .45 because it will also allow 9mm. Have put it on a Lage upper in 9mm with same excellent results. Wonder how it would work running .223 thru it?

Quote Originally Posted by renovate7 View Post
    I bought a Coastal MIMS in .45 for my Uzi in 2006. Very happy with it. I got .45 because it will also allow 9mm. Have put it on a Lage upper in 9mm with same excellent results. Wonder how it would work running .223 thru it?
    I also have the .45 Coastal, simply labeled "M45." It is shorter and lighter than my 9mm MIMS. It is quiet as a mouse. Even still, I am surprised at the MIMS! If they make a better 9mm sub gun can, I'd be surprised. My only gripe is lack of 3-lug adapters, but being used to MACs, it's no bother grabbing the can by the Nomex to keep it tight on the fat Ingram threads. You just gotta remember to warn people if they shoot it. LOL

UZI Talk Life Member

I have 2 Coastal MIMS in 9mm and 1 in .45. I use one of the 9s only on the Uzi