UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 308 Galil Barrels Incoming

308 Galil Barrels Incoming

Just wanted to put it out there for anyone looking for a 308 Galil barrel. I have a large quantity coming in within the next few weeks- SAR 16" and ARM 20" and potentially 18" as well. These are US made, 41V50 chromoly steel with M25x1.5 receiver threads. Custom profiles and threads will be available if there is enough interest to justify reprogramming mid-run. If you are interested or have any questions, let me know!

Any hint as to what the price point might be?

Price will be $250 plus shipping. These will come parkerized and short chambered for ease of installation with minimal equipment necessary.

Just an update for the people interested- There were some setbacks with the freight shipment of barrel blanks getting to the machine shop in time, so they got moved to the right in the machining schedule. The barrels will be profiled the week of Sep 19th, and should be available for purchase the following week!

Following!

I've been looking for a decent price on a .308 barrel forever.

Myself as well- and that is where I decided to do it myself. I was either displeased with the quality or the price (or both) of most of the barrels I have seen. There is no reason for an unfinished 308 Galil barrel to be $400+ in my opinion. So I figured I've seen enough people looking for a barrel to complete their builds that I would jump on that grenade. However, to make it economical, I had to put this together on a mass scale. So, I would REALLY REALLY appreciate it if everyone spreads the word on the barrel availability, so I can recoup the losses on the initial blank purchase and subsequent machining and post processing. If I can start to make a bit of money on these, I plan to reinvest and go after 5.56 barrels next and then we can see where we can take this- I know there are a ton of parts kits floating around, so I'm hoping there will be a decent demand.

Sent you a PM, I'm definitely in for one!

+ Reply to Thread