$vboptions[bbtitle]
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ruger mk2 with Urbach suppressor

UZI Talk Supporter

Ruger mk2 with Urbach suppressor

I am looking at a Ruger mk2 an integral Urbach suppressor. I read a little about Urbach. From what I have gathered he did a lot of HK work but is no longer in business. Does anyone have experience with a Ruger mk2 that has his integral suppressor?

Not specifically with Urbach but I do know that S&H Arms (Curtis Higgins) makes a VERY good integral suppressed Ruger. I have a MK2, MK3 and am thinking that I probably need to get a MK4.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I personally would pay attention to ease of disassembly and material selection (no aluminum so you can use harsh chemicals and an ultrasonic cleaner on it).
    I have an AWC Amphibian II and it is getting re-cored now to make it easily serviceable. I wish I thought about that before I bought it.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Thanks for the information. I have been digging through the internet and I can't find any information on the Urbach suppressor. I can pick the gun up for $750.00 plus the stamp. It seems like a pretty good deal.

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    I have a few Urbach .22 cans and an integral High Standard HD he did. Rebuilt the HD with a SWR baffle omega baffle stack. The HD barrel is heavily ported so I presume the ruger will be that way also. All the .22 cans are the same. Conical baffles with .25 spacers, all aluminum. They sound pretty decent for cans built in the late 1980s. I have been out to Murry's shop a few times before he got shut down. I can tell you a modern muzzle can will sound better than one of his integrals.
    Chris Hipes
    Hipes Consulting Services LLC
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    poulan10takethisoutsoidonotgetmorespam@yahoo.com
    North Texas

UZI Talk Supporter
    Thanks Chris. I really appreciate the information.

+ Reply to Thread