UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mini-bolt vs pistol

Mini-bolt vs pistol

Sanity check.
    The mini-UZI and Micro/pistol semi-auto are the same?

I am looking to buy a mini-UZI bolt and have found a pistol semi-auto, but they don't list it in their mini-uzi section, so.... Trying to figure out if I am wrong or they made a listing mistake.

UZI Talk Life Member

They are the same except for the cut-out in the top of the front of the pistol bolt. A pistol bolt will work in both.
    Last edited by cajun 22; 09-15-2022 at 11:34 PM.

The micro/pistol is the same as the mini except at the top front it has a section milled back to allow for the cocking handle to engage farther back instead of in front of the bolt like on the full size and mini. Comparison pics here.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...build-question

UZI Talk Life Member

It will fit the mini, but as Slimshady's post shows, the cocking piece on the topcover will need to be extended to allow for the milled out section on top of the bolt. It could be welded up also. I had Barrelxchange do this on a .45 pistol bolt for a mini.

Like this http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...zi+pistol+bolt
    Last edited by cajun 22; 09-15-2022 at 11:46 PM.

Thank you, that helps. One appears to be mismarked and one appears to be correctly marked. Either way, they are doable. Thanks

Myself and some others here have purchased that item.
    It is marketed as pistol flat top, it does not have the cut-out and is a nice piece.
    I have not fully assembled mine yet, but I can say it has the correct clearance for a Semi Feed Ramp in my opinion.
    If you go for a bolt latch, they have them too. IWI is clueless and sells model B bolt latches only, that are too big for the smaller guns. My quest is to determine what ejector to use to activate the bolt latch. IWI sells one but time will tell if it is appropriate for the Semi bolt latch. (see my post here).

+ Reply to Thread