UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lage MAX-31C 2" spacer?

Lage MAX-31C 2" spacer?

I just picked up a MAX-31C for the M11/9 and after taking the bolt assembly out, I see that there's a 2" plastic spacer in the rear sitting in front of the usual buffer. Is this something that's ok to remove? I'd love to have the option of slowing down the bolt even more so I can get it working like a grease gun if I can safely do so.

I found the old thread for when this upper first launched and I only see people adding up to 4 VBS buffers to speed it up, not slow it down.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Don’t add 4 buffers, only 2 or it won’t engage on the sear notch, 4 makes the sear just barely engage into the extractor roll pin cutout… super danger will Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackjack View Post
    Don’t add 4 buffers
    Good to know. Going back to that original thread, it looks like they 3d printed a spacer that gave them 3.5x the VBS spacer so maybe it was right under the danger zone and provided a ~1000rpm rate of fire according to his videos.

UZI Talk Life Member

Not my product, but I wonder if that spacer is removed, that would give the bolt too much of a run at the sear? Without full engagement (the trigger being partially engaged) might damage the corner of the engagement surfaces of the sear and the bolt. Such damage would cause premature wear of one or both parts. Just a thought.

Scott

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    I believe Scott is correct. The spacer is there to prevent the bolt from getting a running start at the sear to prevent wear and egging of pin holes
    Chris Hipes
    Hipes Consulting Services LLC
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    poulan10takethisoutsoidonotgetmorespam@yahoo.com
    North Texas

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mmlover View Post
    it looks like they 3d printed a spacer that gave them 3.5x the VBS spacer so maybe it was right under the danger zone and provided a ~1000rpm rate of fire according to his videos.
    Probably 3K rounds through it.

Runs like a sewing machine with that buffer stack.

Gotcha. Thanks for the insight.

+ Reply to Thread