Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Nope.
    I'm a guy, too.
    Chili17 is sort of a guy...
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

UZI Talk Supporter
    I'm a guy too - thinking of switching to be a Dude, though!

UZI Talk Supporter
    LMAO I nthought it was all sliding these days.
    Def in one ear ecated in the other

FFL/SOT
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Jake is more of a cuck than a guy
    Chris Hipes
    Hipes Consulting Services LLC
    FFL/SOT 07/02
    poulan10takethisoutsoidonotgetmorespam@yahoo.com
    North Texas

UZI Talk Supporter
    hahahahah... Well I'm working on my SP5K later this afternoon and thought I'd check the forum.. Seems a little sparse don't ya think?

UZI Talk Life Member

There is another forum that is HK specific with a lot more traffic. There are some good knowledgeable members that can help with specific problems. What is it that you are doing with your "K"? That is my favorite of the roller locks. Although I am a huge fan of clones versus actual HK receiver guns. 10mm K being my favorite. If I was ever going to get into reloading, 220 grain subsonic 10mm would be my first caliber. The SD is cool, but 9mm doesn't knock down steel very well. 165 grain 40 SW in a SD does a better job. But I think 220 grain subsonic in one of my 10mm K guns with my Gemtech Raptor 40 would be as quiet the SD 40 but with much more knockdown power.

Scott

I finally have a couple of sears and one is going into an SP5K-PDW, with the only mods being a clipped/pinned SEF housing, a FA BC, and a HK-marked Choate folding stock. I've been persuaded to not add a legacy shelf or do any remarking the first time around. Interested in any thoughts folks have on that plan. SOA

UZI Talk Life Member

Your stuff, your decision, but I think remarking a HK receiver is like adding Rolex "Presidential" marking on a plain Jane Rolex. Even with a sear in the SP5K it will have full auto function, but it will never be a factory registered receiver machinegun. Most people will not know the markings, those that do, and are fooled, don't know the difference. Those that do know the difference, won't really care. If the markings make you happy, good for you.

The last I knew the new style receiver block needs to have the legacy shelf or the modified bolt on trip. Those were the only approved configurations. The trip seems like it would be a PITA to unbolt the trip every time you wish to remove the bolt group. Maybe things have changed. But I would think that the legacy shelf allows the use of a standard carrier.

Congratulations on two sear purchase. Good luck with the conversion process.

Scott

+ Reply to Thread