UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Large RDS sight for Max-11A1/15?

UZI Talk Life Member

Best Large RDS sight for Max-11A1/15?

I have installed a 20" barrel and it's running the 150 round drums great on the MG42 tripod.

What large view sight should be good for spade grips or stand off viewing?

I was thinking Holosun HS512C.

Any suggestions?

UZI Talk Life Member

Honestly hunting down an old EOTech Mk56 would be dynamite

I'm a holographic fan. Eotech or vortex UH-1. I'm liking the UH-1 more and more.

Red dots don't work with my astigmatism. Otherwise the Romeo 5 is always a solid bang for the buck. Primary Arms seems to make solid red dots. My old PA Classic is going strong a decade later with the original battery.

I think a Cmore would be hard to beat. Due to the asphere of the glass and the focal length to the emitter, there is almost no distortion of the dot and I have a progressively worse astigmatism.

UZI Talk Supporter
    If you can pick up a copy of the old Anti Aircraft "spiderweb and post" sights and mount them on picatinny mounts, that would be great! Shotgun News used to advertise the sights, but it's been a long time since I looked at one.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Though no longer in production, I like the Trijicon RX34 (42mm) large RDS...no batteries, large glass and quality made.
    hkg3k
    Browning, Maxim, Vickers
    Beltfeds: Real Machineguns

I was thinking cmore as well.

UZI Talk Supporter
    From what I've seen holographic might be good because it has the big circle that should be more trackable under recoil. However, I find I track a dot best with a full auto, as there is just one thing to think about. I put it on really bright and go. I have used the biggest tube diameter Primary Arms SLX and and it was pretty good, but I find the closed tubes bother me as it jiggles around. Kind of looks like when a scope is too far away and you circle your eye around the visible area if that makes sense. Have you tried just a reflex site? A old C-more perhaps?
    Check out my Youtube channel

UZI Talk Supporter

I'll get around to posting pics soon, but I went with a Trijicon SRO mounted flat atop the picatinny rail. Stock is a Magpul CTR on an AR buffer tube. For my pudgy face the combo provides a solid cheek weld, great sight picture, and accurate fire.

+ Reply to Thread