PDA

View Full Version : UZI Talk / Karl

cookie
10-15-2003, 09:57 AM
This board was founded on Christmas Eve of 2002 to fill a void. At that time, there was no online "home" for UZI enthusiasts. Within days, we gained two knowledgeable moderators in RoverDave and KarlPMann. Each of them has contributed tremendously to the board's growth and have been valuable as active members as well as moderators.

As you are doubtless aware, Karl is no longer a member of UZI Talk staff. The decision to resign was his, and his alone.

As administrator, I prefer a "hands-off" approach to running the board. In other words, I don't like to moderate/ban users, or tell people what they can/can't say. Until recently, I have only asked that the moderators try to keep the board free of flaming, spam, and illegal discussions. This past week it became apparent that I needed to institute some guidelines for ethical behavior (by the staff). As a result, Karl was faced with a decision. He was given every consideration, yet chose to resign. It is unfortunate that he made his announcement in a public forum before informing me. He is welcome to continue his membership here, providing he abides by the same rules as every other member.

Our board now consists of over 600 members, from every walk of life and level of expertise. We have grown at an admirable rate for a non-commercial bulletin board, and will continue to do. I think I speak for the rest of the staff -- RoverDave, Sturmgeschutz, and Pa.Patriot -- when I say that we are proud and pleased to have you as members.