Neal Smith All Steel DIAS

secondofangle

Yep I think you’re Right. It was a quick post as I was starting work and thinking to me self, “If I had me $45k laying around I’d buy that.” Apparently others thought the same thing but DID have $45k laying around LOL

secondofangle

he got wiser next time. $55k sold quickly

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
Any of these sell recently?
So is the going rate is like 60?

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
Any of these sell recently?
So is the going rate is like 60?

Concorde

Moderator, UZI Talk Life Member,
Yeow on those $50K+ prices... let's see... you could pay for an FFL 07 w/SOT for 50 years and have several post-86-made DIAS's for way less than that!

SecondAmend

Yeow on those $50K+ prices... let's see... you could pay for an FFL 07 w/SOT for 50 years and have several post-86-made DIAS's for way less than that!
Unfortunately, that's is not really practicable for a good many people who can buy a machine gun. For example, in my own situation, to get an FFL 07 w/SOT I would have to buy or lease, maintain (including such things as keeping snow and ice off sidewalks), pay taxes on, and insure suitably zoned property in a community other than I one I live in. And I would have to prove to the BATFE that I was conducting a business, not merely maintaining a hobby at every BATFE inspection and license renewal.
MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

sweersa

My understanding is acquiring and/or maintaining such an SOT for the purpose of enhancing a personal collection is frowned upon by the AFT, as SecondAmend mentions in his post.

Concorde

Moderator, UZI Talk Life Member,
My understanding is acquiring and/or maintaining such an SOT for the purpose of enhancing a personal collection is frowned upon by the AFT, as SecondAmend mentions in his post.

Correct... they want it to be a business. But some businesses have side benefits for the owners. ;)

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter